Preston is growing by leaps and bounds and everyday I can see big changes in him from the day before. The biggest changes this month would be his ability to intentionally grab objects, pull them towards himself and inspect them by putting them in his mouth, recognizing his bottle, kicking his legs in a crawling motion and discovering he can make lots of noise with your high pitched squeals, grunts and sweet sighs.
This month Preston had a lot of new first. He spent the night overnight without mommy or daddy at Mal's house, he got his first cold that lasted almost 2 weeks, traveled on an airplane for the first time, went on his very first family vacation and experienced the beach for the first time!!
Special Moment:
Preston made me feel like super mom when I discovered I can get Preston to be still when I have to use the suction on his nose, which he hates. For the longest time, it was such a battle to use the suction and clear out Preston's nose but then one day I held his hands on his tummy, looked into his eyes and asked him to be calm. I spoke in a low tone voice and he stayed perfectly still while I cleared out his nose. I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a fluke the first time I did it. Then I tried it again and it worked. I thank him each time and when I let his hands go, he smiles and starts to wiggle with joy. I love my little boy so much!!!
Preston's Likes:
He still loves it when you clap your hands and smile at him. He returns your smile with the biggest smile he can possible grin. This month he has really enjoyed his toys more than ever. He can now stabilize himself in the exersaucer and twist and turn all the toys attached to it. He still hasn't been able to grab the toy that makes the music play but he is getting close. He loves swinging in his door swing and chewing on the key ring toy. He has now realized their are toys attached to his carrier and he has a good time batting at them and making the chimes in the ring. Preston is not a big thumb sucker because he would rather suck his entire hand or hands or his foot. He'll pull that foot straight to his mouth and go to town. Its so cute!! He enjoys sleeping on his tummy with his knees tucked underneath him with his booty in the air. I can not get over how cute he looks with his butt in the air. I love it!!
Lastly, Preston has started to pull mommy's nose when he is eating. He likes to feel on my face and grab my nose and chin. He can pull pretty hard but I don't mind at all.
Preston's Dislikes:
We discovered this month at Jerod's baseball game that Preston is not fond of loud noises that happen all of a sudden. A lady was cheering for her son at the baseball game and let out a loud yell. It scared Preston and his little face squinted up and he started to cry. It didn't take much to calm him down but it happened again when the lady cheered a second time. It was so cute though. Then it happened again when daddy was telling a story and he made a loud noise. Preston's little lip quivered and he started to cry. Again it didn't take him long to calm down but we knew then he was sensitive to loud noises.
There is one other thing Preston is not big on and that is getting dressed if it takes Mommy too long to put his arms through his shirt. Preston will stick his thumb out making it hard to fit his hand through his sleeve and then he will get upset because he can't suck on his hand. I try my best but he can be a little impatient during dress time.
No comments:
Post a Comment