Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine


Brent and I took a much needed family day with Preston a couple of weekends ago to get our minds off our house situation and spend some quality with Preston just the 3 of us. We decided to visit the Sea Life Aquarium in Grapevine and it was the perfect choice. We killed some time walking around the mall before going to the aquarium to make the day a little longer. We discovered the mall had a carousel and I couldn't resist taking Preston for a ride. The last time he rode a carousel was when we were at Stonebriar Mall and I had to hold onto him or else he would have fallen off but this time he held on tight and waved to everyone as we made our way around and around. I love watching his face light up when he is having a fun time. I love those moments!!
 Holding on like a big boy
When we got done walking around the mall, we entered the aquarium and Preston was already impressed with the fish tank near the check in desk. He was in for a big surprise once we got in. First up were the sting rays and the facility had a pretty cool deck over looking the pool of string rays. Preston enjoyed going up and down the stairs of the deck over and over again. It reminded me of me when I was a kid, I LOVED stairs and so does Preston.
String Ray Tank
 Pointing to the Sting Rays
 Going up and down the stairs to the deck over looking the Sting Rays
 Playing Peek-a-boo with Daddy
 Under ground tunnel
Next we made our way to the water tunnel where the sharks were. Preston didn't enjoy this part too much. He didn't like the feeling of being underwater.
At the end of the tunnel was a huge shark mouth that you can stand in to take your picture. We placed Preston inside the shark mouth and he HATED it. He cried the moment we set him down and reached for us like crazy. Being the bad parents we are, we just stood there laughing at him and taking his picture. For some reason we found this to be quite amusing.
I really enjoyed the next section where the tank was filled with lots of color and pretty fish. Preston liked this spot too and stayed here for a while.
After the aquarium, we ate dinner at Cheddar's and called it a night. Preston went sound-to-sleep that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment