Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I'm PREGNANT with Baby #2


Brent and I decided it was time to try for baby #2 and after just a few short weeks after going off birth control....guess what...I'm Pregnant!!! I'm pretty sure I got pregnant when Brent and I were out looking at houses and we were feeling a little adventurous inside the "Farm House" we were looking at. 

A few weeks later, I had a slight feeling I might be pregnant and we had our family Christmas shoot coming up and I thought it would be a perfect time to get a few shots of Preston kissing my belly if I was indeed pregnant but when I took a test on Saturday, November 21, 2015, it was negative. So we took our pictures as normal.

Then just 3 days later, I took another test on Tuesday, November 24, 2015 and sure enough it was POSITIVE! Even though I felt like I was pregnant, I still didn't believe it because it all happened so quickly and this time around, I was a little more scared because I knew what was coming. I decided to keep my little secret to myself because I wanted to include Preston on the big reveal to Daddy. The next morning on Wednesday, November 25, 2015, I told Preston we needed to go downstairs and tell Daddy some big news, that he was going to be a BIG Brother!! Preston said ok and we headed downstairs. We got Daddy's attention and I told Brent that Preston had something he wanted to tell him. Preston got nervous and didn't want to say it, so together we told Daddy that Preston was going to be a BIG brother. Daddy was a little shocked as he wasn't expecting for me to get pregnant so quickly either but after it settled in, he was soo happy and excited!

The first test I took, it was a cheap one
 Extra Confirmation
Yep, pregnant for sure

The next day was Thanksgiving with Vicki's side of the family and although we just found out the day before, I told Brent it would be the perfect time to tell his mom, Dave, Brad, Jessie and Peeps. We waited until after we ate lunch and after the football game when the family was gathered in the living room. I was hoping Preston would not get nervous this time and tell everyone he had something to say but he did get nervous again and so I revealed that Preston was going to be a big brother. We all embraced in hugs and smiles and it was a memorable time for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment