Last week I was in San Antonio for our Central Region Meeting with MillerCoors and this year they did something totally different for our team building. They kept it pretty top secret as to what it would be and rumors were flying all week about what they had planned for us. To all of our surprise, they planned an outing at a Ranch 45 minutes outside San Antonio. When we got there, we still weren't sure if we were doing a ropes course, horse back riding or what. The facilitators had all 150 of us group in a very large circle and we went through some pretty funny team building exercises. We played a game of Simon Says and it was pretty funny to see the ones who weren't listening very well and got called out for it. After that, they spilt us up into 3 groups and we all went off to overcome the challenge before us. My first challenge was the rope climb. It was a straight up 100ft ropes course and I can't believe I made it all the way to the top. After you went, you managed the rope for the next person. After that challenge, I went to the rock climbing one and surprisingly made it up that one too. A lot of people didn't try the challenges, they just stayed on the ground and cheered the rest of us on. The 3rd challenge was the zip lining but it got dark before I had a chance to make it over there. I really wanted to do that one, oh well. When everyone got done, we all met up in the really big barn and huddled around the huge fireplace as they got our dinner ready. They fixed us some good grub...steak, chicken, corn casserole, corn bread, salad and 3 kinds of desserts. Everyone had a great time and I really think it did bring all of us closer together!!
All of us doing the group team building exercises

All the people in the middle are the ones who didn't do what Simon Said

The 100ft Ropes Challenge

The second gap is bigger than the first gap

Ashley and I managing the rope for Mitch (my new boss)

Go Mitch!!

This is harder than it looks

My turn...oh boy here I go

Almost there

I made it!!!

Back down to earth

We did it!!

Second Challenge: The Rock Climb

Here I go again



Tight rope

Almost there...

I did it!!

Time for dinner inside the big barn

This fire felt amazing, its cold outside

Big barn doors


I'm going to miss my On-Premise team!!
No comments:
Post a Comment