Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fa La La La La!!!

One of my bucket wish list come true this Christmas...I got to host Christmas at my house!! I have always wanted to host Christmas and this year that wish came true. It was a lot of work but totally worth it. We celebrated with my family early because Bub and Michelle were going to be in Alabama Christmas Eve/Day so we all got together the weekend before Christmas. It actually worked out perfect because that allowed Brent and I to be with John and Kathy on Christmas Eve and with Vicki's family Christmas Day. We fixed our traditional chicken enchiladas, taco salad, queso and El Phoenix chips...it was soo good. After dinner it was time to open presents and I think the kids opened all their gifts in record time, I think it took all of 10-15 minutes. This was out second year to do the ornament exchange among the adults and it went really well. Everyone brought cute ornaments and I love the snowflakes I got!!
We spent Christmas Eve with John, Kathy, Brad, Jessie, Nat and Red. Kathy fixed a delicious meal (as always) that included prime rib, mash potatoes and green bean casserole. We finished the meal off with homemade strawberry cheesecake, yum yum. We opened gifts afterwards and then hung out the rest of the evening. I'm so glad we got to spend that time with John!!
We spent the night at Vicki and Dave's Christmas Eve night and woke up bright and early Christmas morning to a hot cook egg casserole and grams' famous elephant ear cookies. We opened gifts then headed to Shelia and Steve's for Christmas lunch. Everyone was able to come and I enjoyed being with Brent's extended family for Christmas.
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

Christmas at our House
Front Christmas Lights

Our Christmas Tree lit at night

The boys cuddled up so cute together munching on popcorn

Watching Elf before going to bed

Our first Christmas at home

Mom and Jerod making the taco salad

Mom loves her fudge

Smores on a stick anyone

Jerod's ready to go

The kids roasting marshmallows

Of course Jerod caught his on fire

Michelle couldn't resist

Ahh, aren't you two so cute together

Wake up Leon, we haven't even begun yet

Jerod asking Ma if they can open presents yet

Quick pic before the madness begins


Kaci and Makinzi with their first gift of the night


Pillow pets


Big surprise of the night for Jerod

I love my little nephew

Bubba and Michelle

Mom and Dad

Mika and Davey

Leon and Aileen

My grandma

Kaci, Tina and Uncle Dave

Time to check everything out

New tradition, cutting my dad's hair into a mohak

Money clip from Jerod

Adult gift exchange

My silly Uncle

Love me some mom

Newest thing, that paper guitar

Bub and the girls putting a puzzle together

All the kids playing with their new toys


Christmas at John & Kathy's


Kathy, Nat and Red

Sugar/Spice Pecans and cookies I made Kathy and John

John, Brad and Jessie

Oh man, Brent got a new annoying toy

Yay!! My toaster!!

Yay!! Brent's blower!!

Cute pic of the 3 boys


Chrismas with Vicki and Dave
Dave's winter wonderland of lights

New towels for the new home

Grams and Vicki

What is it, what is it

Dave, Peeps and Brad

New bath rug for the new home

Yay!! A cute popcorn maker

Hands off B-Rent

You won't be seeing me use that thing

Traditional Christmas pic of Brent and Low Low

Testing out his new blower

Perfect end to Christmas...popcorn and a movie

No comments:

Post a Comment