Wednesday, September 19, 2012

7 Months Old

Milestones galore for Preston this month!!!

Sitting Up
The biggest milestone occurred on the morning of August 17th when I sat him down and sat behind him to play with his alphabet spin wheel toy. After a few seconds, I noticed that he wasn't using me as a support and was sitting completely on his own. I moved away a few inches to see if he stayed stabilized and he did. I couldn't believe it and it took me a minute to really realize that he was officially sitting on his own. I quickly ran to grab my camera and when I came back he was still sitting up. Up until this point, he would usually fall to the side or backward without any support but not anymore. My little boy was sitting like a big boy now.

Preston sitting up on his own for the first time!!

Baby Food
The second major milestone Preston reached this month was adapting to his baby food. It took him about a week and a half to get use to it but was he finally did, I couldn't feed this boy fast enough. He absolutely loves his food and pretty much eats it all except the peas (of course) and he's not too big on the mixed veggies.
Loving his food now!!!

Pre-Crawling
This month Preston has really gotten the hang of popping up on his knees and rocking back and forth on them in preparation for crawling. It melted my heart every time he looked up at me and smiled when he positioned himself in the crawling position. It was like he knew he was doing well and he wanted me to let him know how proud I was of him. He has had his fair share of face plants this month as he was learning to move forward but by the end of the month he was in a full force commando crawl.

Popping up on his knees
Special Moment:
I have many favorite moments with Preston but one of my all-time favorites occurs every evening after he gets his bath. I put on his lotion, get him dressed then I gently toss him on the bed. We roughhouse around, he rolls all over the bed all the while smiling at me and laughing when I tickle his tummy. It’s a special time I cherish because it’s just him and I, no toys and we have the most fun.

Preston’s Likes:
Preston’s favorite thing right now is quickly turning over when we try to change his diaper. That boy is so quick and strong…it takes all I have to hold him down just long enough to change his diaper and put on his clothes. I kind of miss the days where he would just lay there and smile at me as I got him dressed but this stage is fun too. A little harder but still fun!
Bath time is one of Preston’s favorite activities of the day. He loves it when Mommy sings “Splish Splash We’re Taking a Bath”. He always smiles so big at me when I start to sing that song. This month Preston proudly discovered his manhood during bath time. He likes to grab himself and rediscover he has something down there. Most of all, he loves to chew on a clean bath rag, splash all around and likes it when Mommy drips water on his tummy by ringing out a bath rag. I love bath time too because I get to spend quality time with him and he loves every minute of it.

Preston’s Dislikes:
Preston’s main dislike is when his Mommy, Daddy or Mal walks out of the room. Poor fellow cries as if his feelings are hurt because you aren’t taking him with you when you leave the room. It melts my heart because he is beginning to be able to express his feelings.

This boy loves his blue book
Trying a sippy cup for the first time
Grabbing the toys that play music
What sound does this one make...?
You lookin at me...
Loves flipping the pages back and forth
He loves to sit up
 Such a cutie
 Playing with Daddy's straw
He loves chewing his whole pacifier
 Silly Willy
Hi Mommy
Thinking hard

This boy loves his blue dog
This is fun Mommy

Preston loving Daddy's love
 Cousin Jerod keeping a close eye on Preston
 This picture turned out really freaky
 Sweet baby
Going for his toy truck
Loves his hands in his mouth
 Having so much fun!!
 Time to eat it again
 New toy!!
Already knows what to do
 Making music

On his way to get his ball
Yea!! You got it

My big boy and his big smile

Flashing a quick smile at momma
 Beginning to climb on things
 He really wanted to chew on the strap really bad
And he accomplished his goal!!!
Almost crawling
 He has set his eyes on the prize
 Up on the knees
 Back on the belly
 Belly crawl
 Up on his knees again
 Moving along
 Almost there
 Yea!!! You got it!!
 So proud of you Bub
 Look Momma, I did it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment