Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy 4th of July


We had a great 4th of July this year because we got to celebrate it twice!! First, we got to enjoy the company of John, Kathy, Brad and Jessie on the actual 4th at John and Kathy's house. We had BBQ to eat and a pool to swim in. Preston learned how to kick with his feet in the water with his wonderful Nana holding onto him and he got to have his cake and eat it too by playing in his personal pool and the big pool. He loved getting in his pool then out of his pool, in the big pool and out of the big pool, run to the water fountain, throw rocks into the water fountain and back to his pool and the big pool again. He did this all day long. He also learned how to shoot a water gun at Daddy courtesy of Uncle B and discovered that he loves to jump full force into the pool when someone is there to catch him and spin him around. We had a great time and luckily, Preston has still not burned from being out in the sun...go me!!

 Going from pool to pool and back again
 Spending time at the water fountain
 Spin me more Nana!!

Celina was hosting their city fireworks on the Saturday after the 4th so we waited to celebrate with Vicki and Dave until then. Brent and I went over to their house a little early to help Vicki with some of the prep work and Preston had a good time helping Grandma shred the cabbage for the coleslaw. He got to sit up on the counter and hand Grandma the cabbage so she could shred it. Not really sure why he found this to be so fun but I'm glad he did. Later that afternoon, Brad and my parents joined us and we ate our meal of sliders and BBQ sides then we all hit the pool. Again Preston got to enjoy his personal pool and the big pool. Preston slept while we ate lunch so after the pool he was hungry. He sat on his makeshift buster seat and ate chicken and watermelon. Then to my surprise, he grabbed his cup and water and drank from it like a big boy. Up until that point, I always had to hold the cup for him because he would spill it everywhere but out of the blue he was doing it on his own. He did end up spilling it, well actually pouring all the water out so I was glad we were outside but I was very impressed with my little man. After he ate, we all got dressed and headed up the street to give the horses a quick bit to eat. Preston showed no fear towards the horses and totally went for it to feed them a carrot. I hope to get him in horseback riding lessons one day!!

 Helping Grandma in the kitchen
 Go Grandma Go!!
 Do you need some BBQ sauce Grandma
 Playtime in the rocking chair
 Preston's poor legs
 Dinner time
 No need for momma anymore
 Drinking from a cup totally on his own without spilling
 Good job Bubba
That's not where your fork goes, silly
 Hey Momma....boo

Did I scare you?!?!
 Kiss Kiss
 Look...I did it!!
Same facial expression here
Daddy'o
He couldn't resist turning the glass of water over at the very end. 
I like the identical reaction of my parents
Time to feed the horsie's
 Preston just went for it
 Now he wanted to help feed Lucky
Then Preston wanted to try Lucky's food

Around 8pm, we jump in the car to head to downtown Celina to watch the fireworks show. I was pleasantly surprised by the cute little festival Celina had put on. The vendor selection was great, we got fresh cotton candy, snow cones, fresh root-beer and tasty food from the food truck. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and it was over crowded at all. We enjoyed watching Preston dance to the music from the live band and then before we knew it, it was time to watch the fireworks show. I wasn't sure how Preston would react to the fireworks but it was a moment I will never forget. That boy was running around all night long all over the place and when I knew the show was about to start I picked him up because I wanted to hold him during the show. That first boom went off and Preston couldn't have gotten a tighter grip around my neck even if he tried. He was holding onto me soo tight. He cried a few times to the first few booms but after that he was good but never once let go of my neck until the show was over. So for 20 minutes I got to enjoy the fireworks with my little boy gripping onto me as tightly as he could. It was the best 20 minutes and a really good fireworks show too. The city did a really great job. We will be back here next year for sure!!

Welcome to the Celina Fireworks Festival
 Feeding mommy her cotton candy
 Mom with her fresh root-beer
 Preston is loving his snow cone
 
 The gang eating their food truck food
 A chip and snow cone...yum
Why are earth did I get him a red snow cone when he was wearing white pants?
Rookie mom mistake
 Family pic
 Hey Daddy, this is FUN
 Off I go
 Preston holding onto me with all his might
Happy 4th Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment