Preston Last Year
First - my parents and I took Preston up to Calloways in Mesquite to see the pumpkins and try to get a few pictures of Preston with the cutouts they have. Preston had fun climbing all over the pumpkins and picking them up and of course throwing them down. He is "boy" all the way and we have to keep our eye on him. Surprisingly thou, he did manage to give us a good smile inside the house cutout and we made it home with a flower pot decorated for Mal to keep.
Second - my mom and I took Preston to the Arboretum and he had so much fun in the pumpkin play area but all I could think was how much he had changed from a year ago when we took him as a 8 month old. Last year, we just placed him where we wanted him but this year, he was leading the way. We ate lunch at the restaurant near the entrance, walked the entire gardens and then took Preston to the new Children's area. He is still a little small to understand how to use all the interactive stations but he still had a fun time. He absolutely loved the tree house where he played and jumped all over in the netting that was strung out from the tree house.
Third - Mindi and I took our boys to a small pumpkin patch in Rockwall so Logan could pick out his pumpkin for school. The boys had fun going through the hay maze, playing with the wooden ghosts and then finally picking out Logan's pumpkin.
Fourth - Vicki and Dave stopped by to spending a little time with Preston since Vicki had to work on Halloween. Vicki brought him a bag full of goodies and Preston had fun getting candy from Vicki and putting it in his pumpkin. It was good practice I have to say.
Lastly - Brent and I took Preston and Jerod to the annual Halloween Party in Sunnyvale and we got a few fun memories squeezed in before the rain started pouring down. Jerod and I rode a spinning ride and I couldn't believe that I have a stronger stomach than my 12 year old nephew...light weight! We said hi to all of our friends that were there, ate fresh cotton candy and then toured the Haunted House. I was surprised by how frighten Preston got inside the Haunted House. I didn't think he was quite old enough to get scared by all that stuff but he clinged to me tightly and cried pretty good. So we quickly got out and Brent grabbed a hotdog and chips while Jerod and I waited to ride the zip-line. It started to sprinkle so we didn't get to ride the zip-line before we had to dart to the car before getting soaked by the rain.
Costume Day at School
Playing in his Costume
No comments:
Post a Comment