This year for Halloween I was super excited because we were told when we moved into our new home that last year the neighborhood did a hayride for all the neighborhood kids and we were thinking they would be doing it again this year. Unfortunately, we ended up finding out that they cancelled the hayride and was going to do a fall picnic instead. I was pretty disappointed because I thought the hayride would have been a really cool experience for Preston. So we decided to go ahead and give our neighborhood a try anyway for Preston to go trick-or-treating in. My parents came over and we were all ready to go by 6pm, we just needed Brent to get home so we could start. He was planning to get home early but got tied up at work and didn't get home till almost 8:30pm. We noticed that while we were waiting, we didn't see a whole lot of people walking so I don't think our neighborhood is good for trick-or-treating anyway. Brent finally got home so we decided to give the Wyndemere neighborhood a try. The neighborhood was pretty empty probably because it was getting too late but Preston made it to a few houses and was really getting a hang of it by the time we needed to head back home. The first house we went up to, Preston wasn't sure why we were there but when the lady opened the door, Preston just walked right on into her home. I had to get my fairy wings past her and her doorway so I could quickly grab Preston. It was a pretty cute moment. Hopefully next year will be better.
Waiting for Daddy to arrive home
First House
Ringing the Doorbell
Picking out his Favorite
Showing Daddy his candy
No comments:
Post a Comment