Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year was my year to spend Thanksgiving with my side of the family and it was perfect timing as we just moved to our new "hopefully" forever home. Thanksgiving was my motivation to get the house as put together as I possibly could and I was pretty happy with the turn out. I was able to have the house painted and furniture arranged for everyone to get a good sense of our new home feeling. I used the entire Thanksgiving week to prepare because I knew I wouldn't have much time left once we got back home from the Turkey Trot. My wonderful Mom saved the day of course helping me prepare and cook the turkey and I have to say, we did a pretty darn good job on the turkey. It was golden brown and juicy as could be. Brent reluctantly took on the role of carving the turkey but under my dad and mom's watchful eye, we got it all craved up just in time.
The turkey has been prepared
 Perfect Golden Brown
 Dad giving Mr. B pointers on craving up the turkey
This year was a little different as we didn't have Grams with us anymore so Vicki, Dave and Peeps joined us for Thanksgiving as well as Leon's son David and his family Amber and Little David. So needless to say, we had a house full and luckily plenty of food to go around not once but twice.

So happy to have Peeps with us this year
 Mr. Leon
 Dave
 Dad, Vicki, Michelle
 Leon's son and daughter-in-law
 My sweet little guy

Brent and I enjoyed watching all the kids play in our new backyard with lots of room to run around. The kids enjoyed jumping on the trampoline, playing basketball, riding Preston's toys and going down the front yard hill in the roller-coaster car.
 The boys rough-housing
 Reading one of his favorite books
 Now reading it to Jerod
 Jerod showing him how to do alligator
 Preston doing it back!!
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and next year we will celebrate the holiday with John and Kathy!!

The day after Thanksgiving, my dad and I got started on working on the work bench for our garage. My dad got a new saw and bravely showed me how to use it. He let me cut the first cut on it and I was beyond nervous. I totally thought the worse was going to happen but we had our safety gear on and all went smoothly. It was a lot of fun getting outside and working with my daddy!!

Dad giving my a few pointers on his new saw
 Here we go...
 Nice, on to building our work bench we go

No comments:

Post a Comment