Friday, November 22, 2013

Turkey Trot 2013


This year was our 3rd year to participate in the annual Turkey Trot. We kept to our tradition of meeting at John and Kathy's house for breakfast and to get our shirts and race numbers. We could have just met everyone in Dallas since we are living in Heath now but I didn't want to break our tradition of having sausage balls that morning made famously by Kathy!!Kathy's son Shelton couldn't go this year but his wife Amy and son Mason came along as well as Brad and Jessie. This year we also added Jerod to the mix. I was excited for him to participate and he helped me run the entire 3 miles. The last 2 years I have walked because the first time I was pregnant and the second time, Preston was still a baby but this year, Jerod and I ran as I pushed Preston in the stroller and then met up with Brent back at the parking lot. It was a lot of fun as usual and then we had to quickly head home to finish up our Thanksgiving meal preparations before everyone arrived to our new house!!
Turkey Trot 2013
 Next Year I bet Preston will be out of his stroller
 My favorite boys
 Making our way to the starting line
 The Girls + Mason
 The Boys
 Halfway Through
 Finish Line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment