Friday, January 31, 2014

A Year to Remember 2013-2014 (2 Years Old)

 
 Things We Love About Preston
How he runs with one arm down by his side and the other arm swinging like crazy
How he wraps his arms around my neck when its time to brush his teeth. He's already figured out how he thinks distracting me will get him out of brushing his teeth
I love how he will point to the sky at an airplane flying by in the mist of a screaming football crowd
I love how he has learned how to say Yummie to foods that he likes
I love how he has developed a security with his big monkey, little monkey and elephant
I love hearing him say uh oh when he drops something
I love how he spins in circles and dances when he gets his second wind when it is way past his bedtime
I love how he likes to read the same book night after night
I love watching him act like a true boy when he jumps off the couch or leaps from the ottoman to his glider in his room
I love how excited he gets when he hears the garage door open and he knows daddy is home
I love how he needs his paci, monkey and blanket to feel secure. He must have all 3, just 1 or 2 of them will not do
I love how he has learned how to use apps on the iPad and how to specifically pick which apps he wants to open
I love how he has to have things a certain way. He likes routine
I absolutely love his giggle when you blow on his tummy or kiss all over him
I love how he goes down the slide on his tummy
I love how he hugs Maggy like she is a teddy bear
I love how he always has to run directly to the dog water bowl and have Mal put it on the counter everytime he arrives to my parents house
The same goes at Kathy's house, he always has to hand the 6 glass jars on the window seal to Kathy
I love how he sticks his tongue out when he is really concentrating like when he puts his flash cards back in the box, then dump it out again and puts them back in
I love how he is perfectly still during worship at Church
I love how he already knows who everyone is and can point to them when asked
I love how he is completely silent on the car ride to school in the morning. All other times he plays, crys, screams, makes noises, throws things, etc
I love how he is most happy when he is outside
I love watching him interact with Jerod and act as if he was his bigger brother
I love how he says pizza as "pie-zza"
I love how he says "No" and shakes his finger at me like I do to him
I love how he says no no no no no
I love how he has picked up on us saying "Bye Guys" and now he says it instead of just saying "Bye"
I love how he holds up 1 arm to wave good-bye just like my dad does
I love how in order for him to say yes, he has to nod his head up and down and slowly say "yesss"
I love how he wants to push his ride-able cars instead of riding them
I love how he is learning to listen to what we are saying and completely understanding it
I love how he has learned how to say night night when its time to go to bed. Then he says it over and over as I close the door and walk down the hall
I love how he gives everyone an open mouth kiss when you ask him to kiss you
I love how he lays his head on my shoulder every morning when we walk up to his new school in Rockwall
I love how he calls Nana "Mana" or what we think he is saying is "My Nana"
I love how he LOVES watching Mickey Mouse and will watch a whole episode
I love how he will say Yummy Yummy when you tell him it is time to go night-night so he can get out of having to go to bed
I love how he wants one paci in his mouth and another one in his hand
I love how he always wants 2 of something, one for each hand
I love how he has gotten so good at the iPad
I love how he ALWAYS wants to play in the sink with a cup
I love how he enjoys playing in the shower with his cup, now mommy can get ready on time


All the Words Preston can say by his 2nd Birthday
Hi
Bye
Please
Thank You "Tank you"
Momma
Dad-da
Mal
PawPaw
Nana "Mana"
Baby
Nose
Eye
Shoes
Two
Five
Blue
Bubbles
Christmas Tree
Water "Gaya"
Milk "Mot"
Book
Ketchup
Ball
No
Nope
Yes
Mickey "Meme"
Pete
Puppy (can also bark like a dog "dodo")
Football
More
 Cracker
Coat
Pizza "Pyzza"
Yummy
Cold
Hot
Dark
Help me
Sit
Pee Pee
Poo Poo
Bus
Mine
Trash
Cup
Car

I had written this but never posted the blog for some reason but I thought it was important to include it with the list of words he can now say...

Preston has grown and developed a lot these past 2 months but probably the biggest milestone is him starting to say his first few words. The first time Preston communicated with us directly was when he signed the word "more" by tapping his 2 fingers on both his hands together. He was telling me he wanted more of the food I was giving him. I couldn't believe it. He was learning  how to communicate with us to where we could understand him. It was awesome.
His first word but non-word was 'Uh-oh". I say this alot to him when he throws things or if he falls and he actually repeated it back to me in April. Now when he is planning to throw something, he will say "Uh-oh" even before he throws it.
I wish I could say what his exact first word was but it is a combination of a few. The next thing we noticed was when we would read him his flashcards, there is one of a baby and everytime we showed him the card of the baby and said baby, he would rock his arms back-and-forth to sign to us that he understood that was a baby on the card and that we were saying the word baby. He then said baby a couple of times but he mostly does the sign for baby instead of saying it.
But if I had to say what his first word was, I would have to go with Bye-Bye. He learned how to wave Bye-Bye a while ago but it wasn't until a few days after he got the tubes in his ears that he actually said it and waved at the same time. Now  he will stand in the doorway and tell you Bye-Bye and then walk away. He likes to repeat it over and over and I love to hear him say it over and over.
He has been saying Dada for a while now but he would say it to everything not necessarily just to Brent. I think it was more of just a sound to him but we made them out to mean Daddy.
He still hasn't said Mama or anything really close to it yet but that's ok because when he clings to my legs or wants only me to hold him at times, he is saying Mama to me in his own way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment