At the airport
He loved pulling his new travel bag
The next day, we braved the cold and took Preston to the top of the mountain to play on the snow fort and see the views. Brent still wasn't feeling well but toughed it out and went with us. Preston had fun but is still a little young to really enjoy the snow and play in it. He enjoyed going down the snow fort slide but didn't get into playing with the snow. I had to call the snow "bubbles" just so he would pick some up to experience it.
Going up the mountain on the Gondola
First time playing in snow
At the snow fort
First face full of snow. He wasn't happy about it
Ice bench
"Bubbles"
Eating a quick bit before heading back down the mountain
We stayed until it was nap time for Preston and then headed back to
the Condo while everyone else continued skiing for the day. Later that
day I started to feel sick to my stomach but wasn't sure if it was
altitude sickness, Brent's stomach bug or from taking tamiflu to prevent
any flu symptoms I might get from Preston. So we played it low key the
rest of the day and stayed in at the Condo.
The next day Brent was feeling a little better but I was still pretty sick so we stayed in while everyone else went skiing. The last full day, I started to feel a little better so John and Kathy let Brent and I use their ski pass to ski half a day. I was nervous about skiing but its like what they say, its like riding a bike, you just start where you left off last time. I did pretty good and we skied down the mountain 2 and a half times and then we called it a day.
We traveled back home the next day and that was pretty much a nightmare. Our flight got delayed over an hour but we didn't find that out until we got to the airport. Preston wouldn't sit calmly for lunch and then he screamed on the plane for a good 30 minutes while the plane was being di-iced. He finally calmed down when we gave him the only thing we had to drink and that was a diet Coke. He played on the floor and in our laps the entire plane ride and never slept a wink. We arrived home around 9pm and was soo happy to finally be home. Vacations are fun but they are a lot of work.
Keeping busy inside the Condo
The next day Brent was feeling a little better but I was still pretty sick so we stayed in while everyone else went skiing. The last full day, I started to feel a little better so John and Kathy let Brent and I use their ski pass to ski half a day. I was nervous about skiing but its like what they say, its like riding a bike, you just start where you left off last time. I did pretty good and we skied down the mountain 2 and a half times and then we called it a day.
Eating lunch after skiing down
We traveled back home the next day and that was pretty much a nightmare. Our flight got delayed over an hour but we didn't find that out until we got to the airport. Preston wouldn't sit calmly for lunch and then he screamed on the plane for a good 30 minutes while the plane was being di-iced. He finally calmed down when we gave him the only thing we had to drink and that was a diet Coke. He played on the floor and in our laps the entire plane ride and never slept a wink. We arrived home around 9pm and was soo happy to finally be home. Vacations are fun but they are a lot of work.
Happy New Year!!
What a beautiful place! Great pics!!!
ReplyDelete