On January 21, 2016, I had my first trimester screening where I went to Dr. Albert to do blood work to test for any a adnormalities as well as determine the sex of our baby (all of which we would get about 2 weeks later when we received the results back). I thought the appointment would pretty much only consist of going in, them taking my blood and then I would be on my way so I told Brent he didn't really need to go to this appointment but "boy" was I wrong.
When I got there, I learned that the first trimester screening also included a sonogram of the baby to take different measurements and such. I was disappointed to learn this because if I would have known they would be doing a sonogram, Brent would have loved to have been there. But there wasn't anything I could do but I was excited that I would get to see the baby again since the last time we saw him was when I was 6 weeks and now I was 13 weeks.
The sonogram was going great as the doctor was telling me along the way that everything was looking great and normal! Then all of a sudden, he pulled up the butt of the baby and said well I can tell you what you are having. Without a chance to not look, I saw what he was talking about and instantly learned, we were having a baby BOY!! I was taken completely off guard, I was not expecting to find out that day what we were having plus Brent wasn't there to experience it with me.
I was planning to go to dinner like we did when we revealed to results of Preston with just Brent and I but that wasn't going to be the case this time.
I started to cry with overwhelming feelings but was so happy to know we were having a boy. I knew Preston would LOVE having a brother.
Hi there little baby brother!!
Starting to get a baby bump!!


No comments:
Post a Comment