December has been a busy but wonderful month so far. Vicki and Dave both celebrate their birthdays in December so Brent and I threw them a duel birthday party at our place. We asked Grams, Peeps and Brad to join the party and we had a great time. Brent grilled up some tasty steaks and I made salad, cream corn, 2 types of potatoes and my famous honey-cream cheese bread!! I found this good-looking potato recipe in my crock-pot cookbook so I decided to try it out. The recipe said to cook on high for 5-7 hrs so I of course planned accordingly. About 2.5 hrs into the cooking process, the potatoes were done. It made me nervous that they wouldn't be very good by the time everyone got to the party so I decided last minute to make backup mashed potatoes. My original potatoes came out great, so I didn't need my backup potatoes but oh well; you can never have too many potatoes, right? After dinner, the birthday boy and girl open their presents while we chowed down on Grams' awesome strawberry cake. We ended the night with a fun game of Catch Phrase!!
The Birthday Couple

Strawberry cake...yum yum

Make a wish

Birthday Picture

What is it, what is it!!!!

Awww, good picture of Grams and Vicki

Let the games begin...Catch Phrase, my favorite

Hurry before the time runs out

Good times!!!

Vicki and Dave so kindly invited Brent and I and my family over for a Christmas dinner this weekend at their house. My parents, Grandma and Leon were so excited to spend time with Brent's side of the family. We had a wonderful dinner, shared stories and jokes and finished the night off with a good game of Joker.
Christmas pic

Love my daddy

Brent trimming the meat with an electric knife for the first time, so funny

The boys talking it up

Love my momma

Our awesome grandparents

I still can't believe Dave won at Joker
No comments:
Post a Comment