Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009!!!

Wow, I can't believe Christmas has come and gone so quickly. Seems like just yesterday Brent and I were celebrating our first Christmas together and now we just completed our 2nd Christmas as Mr. and Mrs. Porter!! Waking up Christmas Eve morning to find snowing falling all around, made the day absolutely magical!! Brent and I got soo excited!! He couldn't wait to go driving in it and I couldn't wait to see the excitement on my little nephews face. God planned a perfect Christmas this year and I'm so thankful for all our blessing!!

It's been a tradition in my family to spend Christmas Eve together opening presents and eating homemade chicken enchiladas. I absolutely love our tradition because it's like getting an extra day of celebration. This year we spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house and it turned out perfectly. Brent and I made a warm fire, Jerod and Kaci held on to their presents patiently waiting to open them and Santa made a surprise visit this year!! Love and laughter was abundant and I am truly blessed to have such a warm and loving family!!

On our way to Christmas at my parents...in the snow!!!

Colorful christmas tree :)

Mom making cute number cards for our gift exchange

I need a cute christmas picture for the blog of course

I can't believe it's snowing on Christmas Eve...sooo perfect

Cookin up some good grub

You little stinkers...get out of the food

You two are sooo adorable...Kaci & Jerod (Makinzi was sound asleep)

That's bigger than you are

Waiting patiently

I think this is ya'll first picture together

Your such a pimp Leon

Let the games begin

Star War lego's...who would have guessed ; )

I didn't get things like an IPod when I was a kid

SANTA!!!

Oh Leon, what are we going to do with you

Where did Michael Jackson come from...

My parents are the bestest ever!!

Adult gift exchange, loved it!!

Love you Mom!!


Christmas at Vicki & Dave's
Brent and I made our way to Vicki and Dave's on Christmas Eve night to spend the night and celebrate Christmas morning with them, Grams, Peeps and Bradley. I woke up Christmas morning and before I could even get out of bed, I was greeted with a warm cup of hot chocolate. My heart melted right away, it made me feel so special!! I followed my nose to the kitchen where breakfast was waiting. Grams and Vicki are amazing cooks and their breakfast started the day off perfectly. After breakfast, we took a few pictures outside to make sure we captured our "White Christmas". It was so wonderful opening presents with the white glow shining through the windows. After opening all our presents we quickly headed home to shower up and make our way to Brent's aunt Shelia's for a yummy Christmas lunch!!

Winter wonderland

Soo pretty

What did Santa bring?!?!!

I can't believe we had a white Christmas!!!

B-rent and his pal LowLow

Grams opening her first gift

Did you get a flat screen Dave...?

Look out for these three

Peeps is going to the Mavs game!!!

LowLow wanted in on all the action

2 peas in a pod

Brent and his green


What did Santa bring you B-rent?!?!!

Looks just like you...hehehe


Christmas at John & Kathy's
Brent and I ended Christmas day at his dad and Kathy's house for an early dinner and presents. Kathy fixed a delicious meal including steak, mashed potatoes, green been casserole and the best dinner rolls. I wish I had more room in my stomach at the time, but luckily there were left over’s for me to take home. We opened presents, laughed and shared memories for the rest of the evening. I love celebrating Christmas with my family and I can't wait till next year!!!

Family pic...Brent, me, John, Kathy and Bradley

Where are the shot glasses

Lookin good there

Electric wine opener, we knew she would love it :)

Brent's next project...making me these adorable wood reindeer


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment