Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ski Trip to Winter Park, Colorado 2009-2010

Wow, what a long blog, so many memories to share. I went skiing for the very first time over New Year's and it was a great way to ring in 2010. It was another first as this was the first family trip Brent and I have taken with his family. We got to share this time with his Dad, Kathy and Bradley. I wasn't sure how well I would do at skiing but I have to say by the second day, I was doing pretty well. I got my turning down ok, but stopping was another story. I never really figured that out because falling pretty much took care of that. I did take a pretty hard hit on the 3rd day. Brent and I decided to ski down a blue as a short cut for lunch and that was a big mistake. I hit an icy patch and fell straight back on my head landing pretty hard. Took me a few minutes to gather myself and I ended up calling it quits after lunch. Our last day was a lot of fun and had a few surprises for us. We decided to go tubing the morning of our last day and I loved it!! Flying down the hill in a tube was a blast and I could have done that all day long. Making our way back down the mountain was a little scary. It was snowing really hard and visibility was about a foot ahead of you. We finally made it down the mountain and made a quick detour to Red Rocks Music Venue. I didn't even know about this place, but Brent sure did. He's been wanting to see this place for a long time and I'm glad he got the opportunity. Its an outdoor Amphitheatre built in 2 300ft monoliths. Its like our SuperPages.com center but way cooler!! I loved our trip and can't wait to go again!!

Happy New Year everyone!! Love you all : )

Arrival Day
On our way!!!

Nice purse B-rent

I should have worn warmer shoes...brrrr


Our Winter Cabin

So cozy

Our room


Welcome to Winter Park!!!


Such a cute little town

An ice skating rink outside...love it!!!





Ski Biking it

Getting fitted for my ski boots, so excited

Brent's excited


If you ever go to Winter Park, make sure you eat at "Hernando's Pizza Pub"...Best pizza I've ever had!!!

Hernando's is covered in colored dollar bills

Wonder how much money is on the walls???


Ski Day 1
Here we go, first day to ski!!!!

Wow its cold!!!


Got my ski's, I'm ready to go...I think :/

Up up and away

Beautiful view at lunch, I could get use to this

I think I did "ok" for my first day :)


Ski Day 2
I'm so glad the sun decided to come out today

John ski biking it

Time to break for lunch

Eatting up in the mountains


Back to the slopes

Where did the sun go??


Ski Day 3
Final skiing day

My favorite time of day...lunch time!!

Brent making beautiful music

Thanks Winter Park, its been fun!!


Last Day
Time to go home...but its not over yet, lets go Tubing!!!!

This I can do, weeeeee



Brent being pulled back up the hill



Making our way back down the mountain

Our visibility driving down the mountain, it was snowing so hard...scary for sure

Quick detour to Red Rocks Concert Venue Didn't even know this place existed



Inside the outdoor venue


View from the bottom of the stage



Well, we made it back home safe and sound

No comments:

Post a Comment