Brent and Colby had a soft opening of Shorty's this weekend and experienced a few ups and downs. The outside looks great in red and I can't wait to see the final look once we get the logos put on. They got into a little friendly competition with a taco stand outside an uptown club area and learned a few valuable lessons. They have a few more things to get underway then they will be up and running in no time. Proud of you B-Rent!! Keep up the good work :)
While Brent was hard at work, I was hard at play. After finishing decorating for Kaboom Town Saturday morning, I put in a quick workout then headed home for the weekend. I went to dinner with my family then all us of except dad (he was pooped) went on a fireworks show hunt. Bub heard that Firewheel was having a show so we piled into the car and headed out. We found a parking spot and had a front view of the show. The weather was so nice and the traffic wasn't bad at all. Afterwards we headed to Rowlett to hopefully catch their Main Street show and thank goodness we did. The Rowlett show was by-far the best fireworks show I have ever seen. They had such a variety of fireworks and had what seemed to be 4 grand finale's. I know where to go next year, for sure!!
The next day, my aunt and uncle invited us over to their friends house for a 4th of July pool party. We all chipped in on the food and played in the pool all day. Jerod jumped off the diving board for the first time, my dad even got in the water for a while and I got to enjoy a few moments laying out in the hot sun. It was nice spending time with them and I wish one of us had a pool so we could do this more often. I ate so bad so I had to workout when I got back home, probably the toughest workout ever after all that food and desserts, oh well it was worth it ; )
Brent got home early on Monday and since I had the day off, he wanted to do something. I suggested going over to his mom and dave's house for a swim since we didn't get to see them yet for the 4th. They were more than happy to have us over and we cooked all the left overs from their day with Brad and Jessie (his new girlfriend). Brent had 3 hot dogs and I had a juicy burger, chips, baked beans and several cookies, oh and a cupcake too. We played a game of horse-shoes and the girls won...hahaha!! I was craving a snowcone so we drove into downtown Celina and we all got a different flavored snowcone. I got the sugarfree pina colada, Brent got cherry, Vicki got the jollyrancher and Dave got the rootbeer flavor. It was so nice to sit outside munching on a snowcone enjoying the evening sun. We headed home after our snowcones and of course I had to workout after eating all that wonderful food. Man, the weekends totally kill my diet but luckily I do pretty well during the week.
Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!!
Fireworks Show #1 - Firewheel









Fireworks Show #2 - Rowlett off Main Street



4th of July Pool Party














4th Celebration at Vicki & Dave's







No comments:
Post a Comment