When we moved into our new home in Heath, right away Dad told us that we needed a work bench in the garage and he would build one for us similar to the one he built for himself. I got pretty excited and told Dad that I would love to help him build it if he had the patience to teach me. He of course said yes and away we went to begin building it together. We got our measurements and decided that since we had the room, we would double the size of the work bench to 11 feet long. We made a few trips to Lowe's together and picked out the "perfect" lumber pieces and started working on it around Thanksgiving time. I learned so much from my Dad and he is the perfect teacher...he is patient, willing to let me try things, kept the whole process light hearted, taught me how to properly use a drill, showed me different tools and what they did, learned how to cut on a 45, taught me drilling skills and even let me use his new power saw. I was nervous to use the hand saw but after watching him and him giving me the confidence I needed to not cut off all my fingers or make an uneven cut line, I gave it a try and did really well at it. In the end, all the pieces fit perfectly together and now I have a beautiful work bench that will last us a lifetime!!
Thanks Dad!! Love you!!
Teaching me about his new saw
Here goes my first cut
Not too bad
Finally got the hang of drilling the right way
FINISHED Product!!
No comments:
Post a Comment