Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day


This year I really wanted to do something special for my mom and I ended thinking of the perfect idea. I like to surprise people so the day I planned for me and my mom was a complete surprise to her. All day she didn't have a clue what was coming next. 

Mother's Day Brunch
We started out at the Mother's Day Brunch at the church (mom did know about this). This was my 3rd year to attend with grandma and mom have now made this a tradition for us 3 girls. The food was delicious of course because the Terrisheda's prepared the food and the speeches were really moving and motivating. Before the brunch started, mom asked me what my plans were for the rest of the day and I told her a little fib and said, "I didn't know, probably just go back to the house to hang out with Brent and Preston". So after the brunch, I leaned over to mom and told her I told her a little lie. She looked confused and said, "ok, what did  you lie about." I told her I did have plans for the rest of the day and so did she. Still looking confused, I said grab your things because I have a whole Mother's Day planned for us today. She still looked confused but with a little excitement on her face. I got her in the car and away we went.

Uptown Cemetery
The first surprise I had for her was to walk through the Uptown Cemetery because she (for some weird reason) likes cemeteries. On the car ride there, I tried to get her to guess where we were going but I was giving her clues I knew would throw her off. I gave her clues like (1) we are going to be visiting some people (2) we were going to say hi to "Luis Lewis" and (3) there was a bouquet of flowers in the car but they were not for her. She could never guess and when we were driving by the cemetery, she said she has always wanted to go into that cemetery and that we should come back sometime to walk through it. I said yea and made her believe we were driving somewhere else. She finally figured it out when we actually pulled into the cemetery entrance and she was super surprised and very excited. We pulled up to the historical marker to read what it said and then I pulled out the papers I had printed off that gave history on the cemetery and also had stories of a few of the people inside that were layed to rest a long long time ago. We had fun reading the personal stories of the people and doing a little hunting to find where they were. Once we found them, we used the bouquet of flowers to lay 1 rose next to each tombstone we found. We spent about 2 hours at the cemetery looking at all the different type of stones, observing the dates and just talking with each other. It was so peaceful inside the cemetery that you would never know we were surrounded by a busy city all around.

Breadwinners
The second surprise after the cemetery was to grab a little bite to eat and dessert at Breadwinners. My original plan was to have Bub already there when we walked in so we could surprise her with a little lunch and dessert just her, Bub and I but he had to work so it ended up just being me and mom. After we ordered our food, she thanked me for all the work I did on the cemetery tour and said she never would have guessed that is what I had planned. After talking for a little bit, I gave her her Mother's Day card and we talked more about how special it is to be a mom. 

Klyde Warren Park
After lunch I told her I had more surprises for her. We jumped on the trolley for a ride through Uptown and then finally to Klyde Warren Park since she and I have never been there. We made our rounds around the park and grabbed a table to finish the snow cones we got. She happen to say that we should come back and bring Preston sometime because he would love to play in the water fountains. I agreed and said, well we won't have to come back because Preston is on his way here now. She couldn't believe it. Brent pulled up and had Preston all dressed ready to play in the water. She was soo excited to see him and even more excited to watch him have a fun time. We had about 30 minutes before her next and final surprise so we let Preston play and then Brent came with the car to pick us up.

Grimaldi's
For her final surprise, Brent drove us back to uptown where we met up with Bub, Michelle and Dad at Grimaldi's for a pizza dinner. She couldn't believe I had arranged for all of them to meet up with us for dinner. It was a great ending to a great day. She was over joyed and that is all I could have asked for. She is the most amazing mom and she deserved to enjoy a fun day.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment