I was pretty exhausted by the time everyone went home the day Parker was born. My mom stayed with me the first night because lets face it, I wouldn't be able to handle Brent's snoring all night. That evening, I ate dinner and tired to snooze in-between breastfeeding and getting my vitals checked. The nurse came in at 3am to give Parker his first bath and he absolutely loved it when the nurse started to wash his hair. Because it was 3am, I could barely hold my eyes open so I didn't get any pictures but she fixed his hair in a cute mohawk! Luckily for me Parker slept from 3am to 6am so I was able to get some sleep but I kept waking up thinking he would be waking up soon to eat but he never did until 6am.
The next morning, Parker was seen by the hospital Pediatrician, passed his hearing test and got circumcised by Dr. Grisham. To our surprise, Dr. Grisham said we could leave that evening if we wanted to. At the time, it seemed like a good idea but we probably should have stayed that extra night because that evening when we got home, Parker seemed hungry and my milk hadn't come in yet and we struggled with the idea that Parker was starving. The second night was a long one but we made it through and my milk finally came in on the 4th day.
When we left the hospital Parker weighed 7lbs 1oz and had a jaundice level of 6.
Hearing Test









No comments:
Post a Comment