Monday, July 25, 2016

Parker Everett Porter has Arrived!!!


July 25, 2016 was just as amazing and life changing as January 31, 2012 because we got to welcome our second son Parker Everett Porter into the world. I was scheduled to be induced so we got to the hospital at 5am sharp and my mom was there to greet us. It was a different experience this time because for one, this was my second time around so I knew what to expect a little more but this time, I was actually going to be induced which I wasn’t too sure of how that process was going to play out. I was suppose to be induced with Preston but he ended up coming on his own the night before.
After getting all ready and in the hospital bed, the nurse and Doctor Grisham explained my options about the epidural and then it was go time. They started the Pitocin and Parker was officially on his way. I was super nervous about Doctor Grisham breaking my water before they gave me the epidural but they said it wouldn’t hurt and thankfully it didn’t. After that part was over, the only other thing I was nervous about in terms of pain was the epidural because I couldn’t remember if it hurt when they gave it to me last time when I had Preston.

I labored for a few hours and then when it became a little too painful to handle, I told the nurse I was ready for the epidural. Luckily it didn’t hurt that much but I was glad when it was over. The epidural started working and then I was feeling pretty good.

While we waited, John and Kathy came up and brought Preston! It made Preston uneasy to see me all hooked up to machines and in a hospital bed but after we whipped out his present “from Parker” he was much better. He loved his monster truck remote control trucks and played with them instantly. I made sure before hand that they already had batteries and were ready to go ;)

Things got a little worrisome when Doctor Grisham checked me and I hadn’t progressed in almost 2 hours. Talks of possible C-section came up and that started to make me really nervous. Doctor Grisham said to give me a little more time before we made that call. As we waited for me to progress more, my mom noticed I was bleeding on my back. Come to find out, I was bleeding from my epidural site and I guess (at least this is what we were told) is the guy that did my epidural must have hit a blood vessel when he inserted the needle and that was why I was bleeding. He changed the dressing and it continued to bleed but finally it did stop bleeding.

Doctor Grisham came back in and to our surprise I was fully dilated and it was time to start pushing! I pushed for about 30-45 minutes and then at 5:07pm Parker was here!!!

Everyone was already at the hospital and couldn’t wait to see and hold Parker. It was amazing to be surrounded by everyone’s love! Preston got to give his new little brother the gift he picked out and that moment was so special.

Born July 25, 2016 @ 5:07pm
Presbyterian Hospital of Plano
7lbs 6.3oz
19" Long

We are now a family of 4 and beyond blessed! God is certainly good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment