This past Saturday I volunteered to work on our Habitat for Humanity house sponsored by MillerCoors and Glazers. Of course I wasn't excited about waking up bright and early on Saturday morning to do manual labor all day but it ended up being a lot of fun. My group project manager was Charles and he was a hoot!! He was about 65 years old and in way better shape than any of us out there. His job was to teach us how to properly put up siding and then set us loose to install it ourselves. I never would have guessed that out of all people, I would be good at putting up siding but I ended up doing pretty well! If anyone out there needs help in this department, I'm your girl to call. After my team and I finished our initial wall, we were then assigned to finish the siding that required to be on the roof. I volunteered to be the one on the roof and once I was up there started to have second thoughts. It was a little high and the roof shingles were slippery but I managed to stabilize myself and got the job done. I'm so glad I decided to help and anytime you have the opportunity to work with the Habitat for Humanity volunteers, I would greatly recommend it!!
The house that MillerCoors built

Jamie and I working on our first wall of siding

The team cutting our siding to size

Hammering in nails

We did it!!!!

Hope I don't fall

Look at me go

Mitch and Drew working on their back wall

After this wall, all the siding will be complete!!
No comments:
Post a Comment