Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oh my...I'm Prego!!!!!!!!!

It's official, Brent and I are expecting our first baby who we'll excitedly meet in January 2012. We found out the exciting news on the morning of Saturday, May 14, 2011. I had taken a pregnancy test the night before and it showed to be negative but I just knew in my heart I was pregnant. So I quickly took another test the next morning and to mine and Brent's surprise it said "Pregnant"!! We have been trying for several months and when it finally became real, we were both excited and scared to death all at the same time. After Brent changed my flat tire that morning, we wanted to celebrate in some way so we decided to try to eat at the new In-and-Out Burger that just opened a few weeks before. Sadly, they were on a 2 1/2 hour wait so we went across the street to Frudruckers. When I ordered my burger, the girl asked how I wanted it cooked and I had to remind myself that I had to have it well done. I didn't get bacon on it and I had to drink water. Already, things were changing quickly. I asked Brent if we could go to the Buy-Bye Baby Store and to my surprise he said yes. It was so surreal looking around the store knowing we would be having a child soon who would need all that stuff.
We're having a baby!!!!!!!!!!


New In-and-Out Burger

At Fudruckers



Later that evening I found out that Brent had already called Colby asking for advice on what the heck do we do now even though we said we weren't going to tell anyone until we told our parents. Colby did have a good bit of advice and to my surprise, Brent came home from running a few errands with a little onesie and a red velvet cake with the message "Here I Come". It was really sweet of him and the cake was awesome. We spent the rest of the night basically in shock and trying to absorb the new news.


The next day, our little one had his/her first experience riding rollercoasters. Brent's work was hosting a family day at Six Flags and we got to go for free and eat for free. The baby's first rollercoaster ride was on the Conquistador because that is one of my favorites and because the line was really short. All day I wanted to tell the couple we were hanging out with that I was prego but Brent wouldn't let me. It was a fun day and I enjoyed saying to Brent, "baby first this and baby's first that" all day!!

Monday, May 16th is the day we told my parents. We met my parents at Germaldi's Pizza in uptown for dinner and the whole time Brent kept looking at me funny wondering when I was going to finally say we were expecting. I wasn't really sure how to say it, so after dinner when we were walking outside, I pulled the little onesie Brent got me out of my purse and showed it to them and said "look what Brent got me!". My mom looked at me with this "ok and..." look on her face when she finally processed that I was telling her I was pregnant. She screamed like a thought and gave us a BIG hug!! My mom had never taken the trolley ride so her and I jumped on the trolley and I told her all the details as we made our way around uptown. I had been waiting for this day for a long time and I was so thrilled to finally tell my parents that they were about to be grandparents for the second time!!


Tuesday, May 17th is the day I told my best friends Mindi and Sara I was pregnant!! They were meeting at the Sunnyvale Park to let their boys run around and play and I couldn't wait to meet up and tell them. Sara was running a little late so I had to lie to Mindi when she asked if I had started my woman cycle yet, I told her I did. I felt bad, but I wanted to tell them both at the same time. Sara finally arrived and started to share a funny story about her sister's wildness at her soon to be sister-in-laws bachelorette party. Finally when there was a break in discussion I pulled out my phone and said there was a picture I wanted to show them. It was a picture of the pregnancy test I took. Mindi was shocked and looked at me with a big smile on her face. She asked, "Are your pregnant?" of course, I said YES!! They both gave me a big hug and then I told them all about it and how I was feeling. While we were pushing the kids on the swings, I told Mindi I had already picked names for a girl and for a boy. I told her I like Ella for a girl and she about killed me. She said she has always wanted that name. I was totally shocked that she liked that name as well. Luckily she called me the next night and told me if I really wanted Ella I could have it. What a good friend!!
Big reveal to Mindi and Sara




Saturday, May 21 was Jessie's Bridal Shower and it was so hard not to blurt out the big news to the girls in the family. I of course didn't because I didn't want to take away from Jessie's big day. After Jessie's shower as I was helping Vicki clean up, I was getting hungry and asked if she and Dave were hungry too. They were so I called Brent and we were all going to meet up for dinner. I asked Brent if he wanted to spill the news and he of course did. So after dinner we went back to Vicki and Dave's for dessert. I kept waiting for Brent to make the announcement but he was too nervous, so I pulled my phone out again and showed Vicki the same picture as mindi and sara. She couldn't believe it and told Dave they were going to be grandparents. I think Brent got really excited to finally tell one of his family members the big news.

Thursday, May 26th is the day we told John and Kathy. Brent had called his dad to see if he and Kathy wanted to grab some dinner and luckily they were available. We met them at their house and I notice they were both dressed up a little bit to just be getting dinner with us but I didn't think much of it at the time. We went to a little Italian restaurant in Richardson and started to talk about Natalie going to the Piece Corp soon. Kathy mentioned she would be traveling to visit Nat in Feburary and I responded with, "well just don't travel anywhere in January". Kathy with a big smile on her face said, "I knew it, your pregnant aren't you?" Brent and I both nodded yes and they got soo excited. John actually started to tear up as he and Brent shared a big hug. Kathy said he knew something was up when we invited them to dinner and told John she thought we were pregnant but he didn't believe her. Much to his surprise, she was right. That explains why they were dressed up to meet us for dinner, they wanted to look nice for the big reveal!! The rest of the evening we spent talking about all the changes we would be experiencing and talked about what they wanted our little one to call them. Kathy wants to be called nana and we'll have to come up with something cool for John!!

No comments:

Post a Comment