Josh and Natasha's BBQ
Josh and Natasha invited everyone over to their house to celebrate Memorial Day a few days early and I couldn't wait to go and tell my close friends the big news. As us girls sat around the pool, Sue was talking about her nursery and I said I would have to start shopping for all that stuff soon!! Sue with a big smile, asked, "are you pregnant Hols?" I of course said, "YES"!! It felt soo good to finally say the words that I have been waiting to say for such a long time. I loved every minute of it and we had a blast watching little Logan and Grant play in the pool and talk to each other as if they were having a deep conversation. Fun day and great friends!!
Just spilled the beans to Sue and Natasha

The 2 prego girls



Logan playing around with his momma

Such a sweet boy

Watching their daddy's play water volleyball

In deep baby conversation

Natalie's Going Away Party at Hotel Zaza
The night before Natalie was to depart for Cameroon Africa, Red's parents threw her a really nice going-away-party at Hotel Zaza. The night was filled with laughs, cries and one big surprise. Natalie looked gorgeous as usual and it was good to see her close friends and talk about fun memories and how excited she is about her new adventure. Towards the end of the night, a friend of John and Kathy's got the news that I was expecting. As Brent and I were talking to Brad and Jessie (who didn't know we were pregnant yet because we were going to tell everyone the next day at our cookout) John's friend came over to say hi to Brad and to congratulate him and Jessie on their engagement. After she congratulated them, she turned to me and said, "I hear there are congratulations to you as well, congratulations on the new baby!" Jessie and Brad quickly turned to me and Jessie shouted out, "Your PREGNANT!!" Not really the way I was expecting to tell them, but it was kind of funny the way it happened and we'll never forget it.
The family at Natalie's Going Away Party

Daddy and Momma

The Blue Shirt Boys

We'll miss you Nat

Nat and the girls

Nat and the boys

We ended the busy weekend with a grand finale by revealing to our grandparents, bothers, sisters and cousins that we are expecting our first child!! Everyone thought we were just inviting everyone over for our first cookout at our new house but little did they know they were in for a much bigger surprise. I decorated my new kitchen chalkboard with baby toys, pink and blue balloons and baby blankets and wrote on the chalkboard, "Baby P Coming Jan 2012". As everyone made their way into the kitchen, they were a little confused at first but then realized what was going on. Grandma was the first to see the board and started to cry when she realized I was pregnant. Grams and Peeps were second, followed by Bub, Michelle and Jerod. I thought Jerod would be a little happier than he was but all he was concerned about was getting another girl he had to deal with. He's hoping for a boy!! Vicki made blue and pink cookies that were very yummy to help in the celebration and everyone got a chance to make their mark on the board whether or not they thought it would be a girl or a boy. The majority thinks it will be a girl, I guess we will find out in January!!
Baby "P" coming January 2012

I think it's a girl

Brent thinks it's a boy

Proud momma and pappa either way

Couldn't do it without my momma

Some of my spring decorations for the our party

Brent grillin it up. Dad supervising of course

Brent and Jerod playing a little catch


Family photo. Can't wait to add our little one to our next family photo

No comments:
Post a Comment