What Preston has learned this month
This month he has learned to breastfeed, take a bottle, take a pacifier and started to use his neck muscles to hold his head up. He's not quite there yet with holding up his head but he is really close. Its so cute when he tries so hard, you can just see it in his eyes that he is so proud of himself. Its absolutely adorable and melts my heart everytime.
Special Moment of the Month
Preston and I shared a very special moment on leap day...for the first time he looked straight in my eyes as I was talking to him and smiled a big smile. I kept talking and he kept smiling. I told him we were finally having our moment when he recognized my voice and I knew he was recognizing my voice. He did is several more times that day and a lot the next day. I absolutely love those precious moments and memories!!
Preston's Likes
Preston loves to be held and rocked by mommy, sleep on his daddy's chest, listen when you talk to him, being outside, riding in the car in his carrier, looking at all his friends on his play mat, having his bottom patted, sucking on his pacifier, being swaddled, having white noise play when its bedtime, sitting his in vibrating chair, rocking in his rocking chair and being fully clothed.
Preston's Dislikes
Preston really didn't like taking a sponge bath the first week he was home but once his umbilical cord fell off and we could give him a normal bath he now loves to take a bath. Preston doesn't care for his head to be touched and he doesn't like to wait long to be fed. He didn't like to get his diaper changed in the beginning but towards the end of the month it didn't bother him much. Preston's not big on tummy time right now but he does like to work his neck muscles when you hold him upright on your chest.
Below are a few 1 month pics I attempted to take. They aren't the best but I tried.
Love you Preston
I love the pictures...love the chalkboard too :)
ReplyDeleteTriston hates tummy time too. :) I can't believe he is already 1 month old!!! He is getting so big!
ReplyDelete