Thursday, March 1, 2012

Preston's Fourth Week at Home



This week Preston's fussiness hasn't gotten any better, his eye looks worse and now he has a rash all over his face, neck and head. So I called the doctor and they wanted to see him right away. After finding out my little boy now weights 9 lbs 3 oz, the doctor concluded that he might be having an allergic reaction to my breast-milk cause by what I am eating. She said it was not uncommon for infants to be allergic to diary and soy that gets passed to them from what the mother is eating. She suggested that I go on a no dairy no soy diet to see if that helps with his fussiness and rash. That means no milk, cheese, butter, cream, ice cream, yogurt, beef or anything processed with milk or soy. Which is pretty much everything I have come to find out after reading a ton of food labels.

Of course I want the best for my little man so I am going to give this all I got. Brent and I went to Whole Foods to see what brands they carry that are no diary and no soy. Surprisingly, there are several brands that specifically make no diary no soy products but they don't make a ton of variety. All I have been able to find thus far is a bread, muffin, granola and butter that specifically is marked no dairy no soy. So for everything else, I will just have to read the labels and make sure there is no diary or soy ingredient in the product. That basically leaves me with chicken, fish, fruit and veggies. I'm actually kind of glad this has happened because now I am almost being forced to eat well which is what I really need to be doing anyways. It will just be hard not being able to eat pizza, lasagna, cheese on my sandwich and eating at restaurants. But I know this is only temporary but it will be a consent thought I have to think about everyday.

I just hope this helps Preston because it kills me to watch him be in pain and uncomfortable.

Pictures of my little man...










No comments:

Post a Comment