Tuesday, April 3, 2012

2 Months Old



Wow, what a difference a month can make. Our little boy is now 2 months old and has changed so much. He moved out of his newborn clothes and into 0-3 month clothes, he moved up to 1 diapers, he stayed over night for the first time at Mal and Paw Paws with mommy, he is awake for longer periods of time and his night time stretches between feedings are moving from every 3 hours to closer to every 4 hours. He did sleep for 6 hours one night but that was the only night that happened.

Preston's eye healed this month and I think the no dairy no soy diet has really helped with his face rash.

What Preston has learned this month
This month has been incredibility special because Preston is beginning to discover how to make sounds and is in the early stages of communicating. He can make eye contact with you and make coo and ahh sounds back and forth with you. He discovered his thumb later in the month but still sucks his thumb/finger combo right now. His neck muscles are getting stronger and he can stabilize his head much more when you hold him now. He's not as much of a bobble-head anymore. He has begun opening up his hands and is able to turn and look in the direction of someones voice.

Special Moment of the Month
My favorite time of the day with Preston is first thing in the morning when he is ready to start the day. I lay him on his changing table and while I hang out with him waiting for him to have his morning poop, him and I just talk and talk and he smiles at me non-stop. I kiss both his cheeks and then his forehead and tell him that Mommy and Daddy love him very much. He always smiles soo big after I kiss all over his face. I tell him good morning and he always responds with a coo or a grrol. We continue to talk and smile at each other until he finishes his business down south then I change his diaper and then we begin our day.

Preston's Likes
Preston loves to be talked to, held in the crease of your arm with his arm hanging down, laying on his changing table for some reason, enjoys being wrapped in his fluffy blankets, loves being outside, is capacitive by the TV, loves to smile at you and loves getting put to sleep listening to his lullaby CD.

Preston's Dislikes
Preston's fussiness has really calmed down this month and the only things that really upset him are waiting to eat, getting over stimulated and not being talked to. Earlier in the month he wanted to be held all the time but by the end of the month he could hang out in his vibrating chair for up to an hour!!

Below are a few moments we shared with Preston this month along with his 2 month pictures.

Love you Preston












No comments:

Post a Comment