Friday, April 13, 2012

Preston's First Easter



For Easter Sunday we went to the early church service with John and Kathy. It was a pretty early morning to get Preston and myself ready by 8:30am but we managed to pull it off. In fact, before we left he had a full tummy, clean diaper and already had 3 poopy diapers that morning. He was all set and ready to go. By the time we got to church he was sound asleep and slept in my arms for the entire service. I felt like super mom!! John, Kathy and even Brent was amazed at how good Preston was being.

I really enjoyed going to church with John and Kathy and really enjoyed the music they played. It was a bit traditional but I miss that about our church. We don't really sing the traditional songs anymore and its nice to hear those every once in a while.



After church, Brent and I headed home to get the hamburgers and hot dogs going on the grill for our family cookout. I was excited to have the family over but a little bit nervous too because this was Preston's first family function at our house and I knew everyone would want to hold him. I was praying that he wouldn't get too tired of being passed around all day. He did really good and I actually didn't get to be with him much as Kaci and Makinzi kept me pretty busy playing dolls and games.

Before everyone arrived, Jerod helped me hind all the Ester eggs I had stuffed for Kaci and Makinzi in the backyard. He had fun hiding all the eggs although luckily I discovered that he was hiding them in really hard places and asked him to hind them but not really "hid" them. I debated hiding them in the house due to the weather and that it was suppose to rain but I really was hoping the rain would hold off and they could find them outside. Well, the rain didn't hold off but they kids had fun hunting for eggs in the rain with their over-sized umbrellas.

It was a fun day and Preston got a special egg from his Mal that was stuffed with a couple of cute rattle friends to hang on his carrier to keep him company. Thanks Mal!!

Jerod is ready to hind all the eggs









Jerod climbing the tree...he was so proud












Our family Easter Cookout









The Girls hunting eggs in the rain









Jerod hunting for his 1 big egg and a few other special eggs







Preston's Big Easter Egg from Mal



No comments:

Post a Comment