Monday, April 2, 2012

Preston's First Easter Egg Hunt!!!



Brent and I had our very first family event on Saturday March 31st when we took Preston for his very first Easter Egg Hunt in Rowlett off Main Street. I was super excited but apparently didn't have a clue on how public egg hunts operated. We got to the event a little late and missed Preston's age group so I had the bright idea to push Preston in his stroller during the 3-6 year old age group hunt. I looked like a complete idiot out there because by the time I got to an egg, a young child grabbed the egg before I could get to it. By the end of that session, I had only managed to pick up 1 egg and that one was broken already and didn't have a prize in it. Brent couldn't believe I got out there and embarrassed myself like that but a mom has to do what a mom has to do. I wasn't leaving there without any eggs for Preston.

I was about to go again during the 6-10 year old session when I saw the Easter Bunny come out. I didn't want to wait in a long line so Brent and I "hopped" over to the picture line because if anything, I didn't want to miss out on getting Preston's picture made with the Easter Bunny. When I actually saw the Easter Bunny I was a little disappointed because it didn't really look like an Easter Bunny...maybe have bunny half man. A little strange to say the least. Anyway, we got our picture made and then I noticed that there were still a lot of eggs left in the field after the last age group session. I guess there weren't too many in that age group. So I grabbed Preston and his Easter basket and grabbed up some Easter eggs.

I was so glad I got some eggs for Preston and then it was photo-shoot time of course. We got some good shots of Preston and Preston with daddy and mommy!!

Thanks Sue for letting us know about the event!! It was very memorable for us!!

I'm ready to go hunt some eggs

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea with the stroller

I at least got 1 egg

Let's try this again...no stroller this time





Success!!!

Mindi, Logan and the Easter Bunny

Sweet Logan


Photo-shoot time







Preston's first Easter basket filled with colorful eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment