Thursday, May 3, 2012

3 Months

This has been one emotional month as it was my last month on maternity leave. I knew this time would come but I didn't think it would come this fast. Brent and I have come a long way as parents in 3 short months and it still amazes me that Preston has survived this far considering Brent and I didn't have a clue how to take care of a newborn. We have learned along with way and as each day passes we discover how to be even better parents than the day before. This month, Preston has had many "first times" and has discovered many new things. The biggest things Preston has started doing this month are:

Opening his hands from a fist position
Cupping his bottle with his hand when he eats
Discovering his tongue and sticking it out
His hair has begun to grow back in
He smiles with all his might
In the early stages of rolling over. He moves his hips from side to side in his vibrating chair and towards the end of the month he was sleeping all night on his left side, no longer on his back He hasn't yet discovered how to move his arm to allow him to roll completely over
He wiggles all over his bed and can completely turn himself around to face the opposite end of his crib
We had to start dressing him in footed onsies because he would wiggle the blanket over his head. That scared momma
We removed your bumpers because of all the movement he makes while sleeping
He is officially sleeping through the night from 10pm to 4am (6 hours)!!
He has discovered sucking his hands, fingers and thumb...its soo cute to watch him suck his thumb
We started supplementing with formula this month. He HATES the Non-Dairy brand but doesn't seem to mind the Dairy brand. We tested both and he seems to be doing ok with the Dairy. Thank goodness.
His dirty diapers are beginning to be stinky due to the formula
He has moved from drinking 3-4 oz to drinking 5 oz bottles
He loves to be talked and read to. He is totally engaged.
He started daycare this month and started to play a little bit with toys
Started to stay with Kathy on Monday's.

Special Moment of the Month I will never forget the day when I picked him up from Kathy's and on the way home, him and I literally talked back and forth the whole way home. It started when I began to drive away from Kathy's, I asked how his day was. He responded with his baby sounds. So I responded back with baby sounds and we did that back and forth all the way home. I couldn't believe it, him and I were totally having a full on conversation in his eyes. It was so cute and I could have kept driving and talking for hours.

Preston's Likes
Preston loves to talk to you and have a conversation with you. He gets so excited and will just talk and smile at you. He likes it when I sing the "Itzy Bitzy Spider" song and the "Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes" song. For some reason, he loves it when I put lotion on his legs after his bath. He can be grumpy and the minute I start putting lotion on his legs, he just starts smiling. Love that moment with him.

Preston's Dislikes
This month Preston isn't too big on being put in his carrier. He used to love it but now he cries when we put him in. He calms down if you rock the carrier back and forth, then he seems to be ok. His big dislike for this month would have to be the formula, at least the Non-Dairy one. It does have a strong odor and I would probably hate it too. Poor guy didn't even want to swallow, it was so bad for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment