Friday, May 18, 2012

First Mother's Day Weekend!!!

I had such an amazing first Mother's Day weekend although it didn't start off as planned. I went a little crazy on Brent when he decided not to go to Muffins with Mom with me Friday morning at Preston's school. I was really excited about my very first mothers event and I wanted to capture the moment on camera and needed Brent to come so he could take pictures of Preston and I eatting our muffin. We needed to leave the house by 7am that morning and Brent was still asleep at 6:45am. I woke him up and said he had 15 minutes to get ready. He moaned and groaned and said muffins with mom was suppose to be with mom and he was suppose to go when it was donuts with dad...basically saying he didn't want to get up and go. I angrly said fine and headed out the door with Preston. I was pretty upset that Brent was not realizing how important this moment was to me but I pulled myseslf together and Preston and I had a good time eatting our muffin together. luckly I was able to capture the moment by asking a staff worker to take our picture. When I got to work, I needed to talk to someone so I went to the best place I knew to get advice...Mindi. I wrote Mindi a long email expressing how upset I was and she called me as soon as she could. Luckly for Brent, Mindi talked some sense into me and said that she totally understood where I was coming from but through experience she has learned not to expect men to act in the same ways as women do. After talking to Mindi I felt bad for how upset I got at Brent so I wrote him an email and applogized for being so mean. He accepted my appologies and all was good again.

Muffins with Mom




My busy Mother's Day weekend continued Saturday morning when I went to Mother's Day Brunch with my mom and grandma at our church. I brought Preston with me and he did fabolus...didn't cry one time. They served homemade cinnomon rolls, ham, fluffly eggs and sweet fruit with orange juice. I had a good time showing Preston off to all the girls at church and it was still so surreal attending a function intended for moms and I am now a mom.
Our table decorations
Mother's Gift
First Mother's Day picture together
Gram Gram
 Crazy Boy
 4 Generations

After the brunch I headed home to grab a quick lunch with Brent then we headed out to visit grams and give her the mother's day gift Preston and I worked on. She was thrilled to see us and she is doing so much better.


When we got home from Grams, we quickly freshened up and then we headed to Matitio's for mothers day dinner with Vicki, Dave, Brad and Jessie. I have never eatten there before and it was delicious. After dinner, Vicki and I opened our gifts. I got a beautiful tourque neckless and Preston got a cute little sun visor for summer. Vicki loved the personalized cookie jar and thought the butterfly footprint was too cute. We gave Jessie a butterfly footprint as well and by accident Bradley dropped it behind the booth we were sitting in. The problem, the booth sat up against a concert wall and none of us could fit our arm down the back of the booth to get it. Luckily, the staff at Matitios was great and they had 4 guys pulling the booth out and getting a pair of tongs to get the gift out. After about 15 minutes of trying they finally got it!! All 3 of us was exhausted from the day and Preston slept so good that night.
Oh no, it fell behind the booth
 I guess it takes a skinny pretty girl to get it out
 Nope, it takes 2 men to get it out
Either way, we got it!!!
 Vicki & her 3 boys
 Vicki& her 2 daughter-in-laws

Sunday on the way to church, Brent gave me my mothers day gift and thoughtful card. I had been hinting that I wanted jewerly to represent Preston's birth stone and I'm so glad Brent listened because he got me a beatiful necklace from James Avery and a charm to add to my bracelet that we are going to get engraved with Preston's name and date of birth.

After church everyone went to my grandmas for lunch. Preston was still pretty sleepy and he slept most of the day but most everyone got to hold him and spend a little time with him. After lunch, a few of us played a couple games of croquet. Brent was in the lead most of the time but always lost it right at the end. I won the first game...not sure how in the world that happened and my dad won the second game beating Brent at the last hit. It was hilarous watching Brent get beat by my dad because Brent was not happy he was loosing.
Flowers for all the Moms
 Aunt Shell
 Jerod's new toy he got for his birthday
Not sure how I feel about this
 Just doesn't feel natural
 What a little flirt
Let's play Croquet

Dad's up first
 Already off to a good start
David teaching Jerod the ropes
 Let's go mom!!
Such a cutie
 Little hard to play in a long dress, can't swing between the legs
Mr. Competitive
 Having a good time
 Don't miss
Boys being boys
 Don't mess with us
I told you not to mess with us
 11 years old and still a cutie
 Getting the hang of it
Don't even think about it B-rent
 My favorite nephew
 If you can't win then juggle

For Mother's Day Preston made all his grandmother's and aunt's a very special gift...a footprint buttetfly. Mommy and Preston had a fun time making them and we kept it pretty clean while getting his feet all covered with paint. I will treasure this piece forever!!!
Lets get to painting
 So colorful
Stamping away
 Finished product
 Final packaging
Mother's Day cards we made
When we got home that evening, Preston and I played in his room and he showed me for the first time how well he can hold his head up during tummy time. I was soo proud of him because the last time we did tummy time together he still kept his head on the ground and could barly lift it. Crazy how quickly babies learn things and develop. Then Brent gave him his bath and worked on helping Preston learn to roll over. He's not quite there yet but he is rollig on his side.


I had an unforgettable Mother's Day and I am so blessed to have a little boy like Preston!!

No comments:

Post a Comment