Thursday, May 3, 2012

Preston's First Week at Primrose

Preston started school on Tuesday, April 24th and he did way better than his momma did. I thought I was going to make it without crying because I got up that morning, got ready, got Preston ready and I hadn't cried yet. I was a little surprised because I thought I would be crying from the moment I woke up that Tuesday morning. But just as I thought I was doing good, the water works started the moment I got in the car with Preston to drive away. Luckily I had a box of kleenex because I cried all the way to his school. I composed myself enough to walk in the door and get him in his room. Then when I saw the teacher, I started to cry again. She was soo sweet and told me to take my time and to sit in the rocking chair and hold Preston. I rocked him and told him that I loved him very much and that I would be back as soon as I could. Brent stayed strong although I think he wanted to cry a little too but he was able to hold his tears back. After rocking him for a few minutes and realizing it was almost 8am, I gave Preston many kisses then handed him to his teacher. I cried all the way out the door. The staff at Primrose was very understanding and told me they would send pictures of Preston to my email that day. That made me feel better. Brent gave me a big hug when I was getting in my car and said I did really good and that Preston was in good hands. That afternoon, I finally got the email I had been waiting all day for and it looked like Preston was having a great day. He was playing on the mat with his friends and the teachers said he had been smiling all day. That made me feel so much better and I was able to make it the rest of the day at work. Later that afternoon, I got a nice floral surprise that cheered me up. My sweet mom sent flowers to let me know she was thinking of me and Preston and wished me a happy return back to work.
When it came 5pm, I ran out the door and headed straight for his school. It was the best reunion and all I wanted to do was hold him so tight. Poor little guy had such a big day, it was knocked out all evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment