My little baby is changing into a little boy right before my eyes. Preston's movements have grown a lot this month and he will be moving and grooving before we know it. The biggest changes this month would be his ability to bounce like crazy in his indoor swing and exersaucer. He loves to just jump up and down, up and down to his hearts desire. He can also turn himself around in the exersaucer to get to all the toys around him as well as grab the toys that make the lights and music play. For the longest time he could not stabilize himself enough to grab the toys up high but he can now!! He is also learning to sit on his own. He's not quite there yet but if we prop him up, he will sit momentarily until he either falls to the side or falls backwards. He seems so proud of himself too, its soo cute. But really when you try to sit him down, he straightens out his legs because he would rather stand than sit. He is also starting to move his legs when he is on his tummy in a crawling motion but right now he doesn't quite know how to use his legs and knees to crawl. His sleeping pattern has changed slightly. He is now going to bed around 9pm and staying up longer in between naps.
We have finally determined that Preston's official nickname is 'Bub". Both Brent and I have started to call him this along with "Preston". Before he was born, I wasn't sure what nickname he would get but for the past few months we have been calling him Bub.
A big moment occurred for Brent and I this month and that was leaving Preston for 7 days while we went on vacation for Brent's 30th birthday. Those were the longest 7 days of my life and I don't think I will be doing that again. We missed him so much by the end of the trip and I felt like I had missed so much of his life. I think he was a little mad at us for leaving because when we got back he cried randomly throughout the day for 2 days. I told Brent he seemed a little off and Brent agreed. Luckily after being with us for a few days he started to act like himself again. I think he really knew we were gone. Sorry Bub, we won't leave you again like that...promise!!
The very last day of this month, Preston had his 6 month appointment and the doctor said we could start giving him rice cereal and then progress into level 1 baby food. His first time experiencing food was hilarious, at least for Brent and I. I don't think Preston enjoyed it as much. I will blog about his first food experience in my next blog.
Special Moment:
Preston and I shared a very special moment one afternoon when he was crying. To try to calm him, I started to sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hangs". When he heard me sing that particular song which is the song I have been singing to him since the day he was born, he stopped crying and actually smiled at me. It was the coolest feeling ever to be able to calm Preston with just my voice and with a song that him and I have shared since day one.
Preston's Likes:
Preston is developing into a little boy because he loves bagging toys on the table, bagging his hands on the table and shaking rattles like crazy. He has started to blow raspberries although he doesn't do this too often. He likes it when you shake his butty, he enjoys chewing on his teething ring straight out of the refrigerator, he likes to squeeze his blue stuffed dog that sings the alphabet and he absolutely loves to chew on the little plastic book that Mal got him that squeaks on the front. He also loves to splash the water when taking a bath.
Just got done taking a stroll sitting up in his stroller
He loves a cold teething ring
He loves playing with the green phone
My little maverick
Mommy wants to play too
I still can't get over how cute he is when he sleeps
The boys for Daddy's Birthday dinner
He has finally gotten the hang of how to play with the spin wheel toy
Video: Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy
Video: Preston Playing
Daddy is ready for Preston to start driving
Honk Honk
Daddy wants to play
Video: Big Boy Trying to Sit Up
6 Month photoshoot
His first hair style
Our little prince
Video: Preston at 6 Months
No comments:
Post a Comment