Preston sitting in his highchair for the first time
He didn't mind sitting in his chair. It gave him a place to bang his hand on and make noise
Here comes the rice cereal
He's not too sure what to think about this stuff
He would hold it in his mouth and not swallow it
So far so good, it seems
Don't let him fool you with this sweet smile, its about to turn ugly
He's starting to resist now
Daddy thinks he can get him to eat
Better watch out Daddy, he's going for the food
Video: Daddy Giving It a Go Around
First Fruit - Banana's
Daddy attempting to feed Preston Banana's for the first time
Not liking it Daddy
Daddy showing Preston that its not so bad. It taste good
Preston likes it better when Daddy eats his food so he doesn't have to
Poor boy has tears in his eyes
Not enjoying this process
Then finally one night I decided to try something different and I place him in his bumbo chair
in front of the TV instead of in his highchair in the dining room. When I led the spoon near his mouth he opened it and eat what was on the spoon without crying or tossing his head back and forth. I couldn't believe it. I didn't get too excited because I didn't want to get my hopes up that he might actually like it now. He took a few more bites and before I knew it, he had eaten the entire container without putting up a fight. In fact, he held onto the spoon everything it came close to him and he lead the spoon to his mouth. After his feeding, he was very very messy but I didn't care, we had made a huge stride.
I couldn't wait to call Brent and tell him the good news. I also called my mom that evening and we were all so happy. From that night on, Preston loved to eat his baby food!!!
Preston finally likes eating his food!!! Yea!!!
Guiding the spoon to his mouth. Good job Bub
What a mess and cutie all at the same time
No comments:
Post a Comment