Kathy invited Jessie and I to go with her to a craft night her church group was having at their church. Kathy had me at "Craft Night'. I was totally in even before I knew what the craft was going to be. I got even more excited when she said we would be carving a pumpkin out of those carvable pumpkins from Hobby Lobby. I have always wanted to get one of those but just never did and this gave me the perfect excuse to get one!! We we arrived, the girls in her group had made food and desserts and I didn't think it could get any better than having food to munch on and a craft to work on. The lady that was helping all the girls was very creative and had some great ideas. I ended up carving a night-before-christmas type face on my pumpkin, Jessie went traditional with her jack-o-lantern and Kathy made a cute witch's legs that she carved and painted. We had so much fun that Kathy ended up emailing us and invited us over to her house in November to do a Christmas Craft Night. Can't wait for that one!! I've already got so many ideas of the craft I want to bring...so hard to choose just one!
Another great tradition is now in the works!!
I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert and I knew just who I wanted to bring with me...Mindi of course!! There aren't too many people I get excited about to see in concert but Carrie Underwood is one of them. I was curious what kind of performer she would be and I have to say, she didn't disappoint. Mindi and I got to park VIP style and we had great food to eat on along with the best cookies in the world...may goodness, I ate 2 of them which would probably equal like 4-5 regular cookies. The opening act was really good too although I felt a little old watching a young Hunter Hayes perform. Carrie sang all my favorite songs and I got to sing along with my best buddy. Great night for sure!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment