Man'o man!! I can't believe we just celebrated Preston's very first Halloween. I have been looking forward to this day since I found out I was pregnant. The holidays are so special to me and to share them with your child and family makes them even that much sweeter. After searching all over town and on the internet, I finally found the perfect costume for Preston...a Pirate!! We got his costume embroider with 'Capt'n Jack" on it and it suited him perfectly.
We shared Preston's first Halloween with my Mom and Dad, Bub, Michelle, Jerod, Vicki and Dave. Jerod is on the verge of retiring from trick-or-treating but thankfully he and his parents made the trip out to Plano to walk the streets with us and Preston. Jerod's costume this year consisted of a T-shirt that said "This is my Costume" written in spooky letters, crazy hair spiked with hair glue and pair of black and white sun glasses. I also dressed up this year and went as Brent's favorite animal...a kitten.
Jerod's costume this year
Once everyone arrived at the house, we took a few pictures before it got too dark and then made our way to Preston's first trick-or-treating house!!
Preston loved his orange pumpkin bucket
I was super excited and luckily the house a few doors down from ours was decorated and already had other children going up to it. Preston did great and didn't get scared at all. We made the rounds on our street and then headed to the neighborhood just north of ours and discovered the hot spot of our area. There were kids everywhere and most of the houses were decorated to the nines. Jerod ran from house to house and Preston and I tired our best to keep up. Preston absolutely loved being outside all evening and the dark and spooky sounds didn't seem to faze him one bit.
Our on way to our first house
Preston's first time to trick-or-treat
On to the next house
Spooky grave yard
After we went down several streets, it was time to head back and finally eat some dinner. Vicki gave Preston his bath and then it was time for the Pirate to head to bed. Jerod and I went through all his candy and picked out our favorites and gave the old person candy to Mom and Vicki...hehehe.
I couldn't have asked for a better first Halloween for Preston and I'm already looking forward to next year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment