Thursday, November 1, 2012

Preston's School Fall Festival

Preston's school held their first Fall Festival on Friday, Oct 26th and I couldn't wait to get through the work day so I could head up to his school and begin the festivities. While we waited on Daddy to get there, Preston and I had a great time taking pictures in his room and I got to watch Preston crawl successfully under a crib and make his way out. I have to say, I was impressed.

Waiting on Daddy to arrive
 Playing with  mommy's lens cap
 He's very intrigued
 Crawling under a crib
 Seems like he has done this before
 No sweat off his back
 Pushing the lens cap around
 Yea!! Daddy's here
 So excited to see his Daddy
Daddy finally arrived and we made our way to the first activity...Cookie Decorating. I knew this might turn out a little messy but I couldn't wait to sit down and see what kind of cookie Preston and I could decorate together. We used the Halloween themed sprinkles and orange frosting!! After we were done, the best part was to come...eating the cookies. Preston got his first taste of frosting and cookie but wasn't too big on it so Mommy had to finish it off, which I totally didn't mind doing. A momma's got to do what a momma's got to do ; )
Lets get to decorating
 Our finished product
 Time to taste

Next we couldn't pass up getting an animal balloon made so we waited in a short line and asked the balloon man to make a blue elephant for Preston. I had no idea Preston was going to love chewing on the animal balloon. I just knew any moment it was going to pop right in his face but luckily it never did.

Watching his elephant balloon getting made
 He loves this thing
 Hope it doesn't pop
In the hallway, the school had all the pumpkins the different classes had decorated. We found Preston's class pumpkin and I thought they did a great job but the Cat-in-the-Hat pumpkin won the grand prize. I actually liked that one the best too. It was soo cute!

Preston's class pumpkin
The Winner

The last thing we did was the cake walk. This was Preston's first time and he won a decorated skull cupcake. All the kids were winners but he had a great time destroying the cupcake as we kept it in the wrapper and let him go to town on it!

Halloween gifts we made for his teachers

The school had all kinds of things to do like face painting, games, bounce house, petting zoo, touch and feel zone and cotton candy but Preston is still a little bit small to enjoy these things so we headed home but before we made it home we grabbed dinner at Chili's. It was a great evening and next year, Preston will be able to enjoy it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment