Monday, May 20, 2013

My 2nd Mother's Day


Mother's Day weekend was packed full of family events starting on Thursday night when I met up with my family at Olive Garden to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom, grandma and sister-in-law and all the boys of course. That was a pretty emotional day because Preston had his first surgery early that morning. We had to get tubes in his ears due to numerous back-to-back ear infections. So it was nice being able to see my family that evening and tell them all about what happened and to get their love and support.

The next day, Preston and I celebrated Mother's Day together by attending the Muffins with Mom morning breakfast at his school. It feels like just yesterday I was having Muffins with Mom with Preston for the first time. Now we have 2 of these under our belts. I enjoyed a blueberry muffin and cinnamon roll while he enjoyed a mini muffin and fruit.
 At Muffins with Mom

Saturday morning, I got all dressed up and attended the Church Brunch with my mom and grandma. Brent watched Preston all morning long so I could get ready and get to Sunnyvale. It was nice spending some quiet time and getting a delicious breakfast/lunch.
Church Brunch

Straight from the brunch I headed home to finish my appetizer and dessert so we could get over to John and Kathy's for their Mother's Day cookout. Kathy's son (Shelton) and his family were there as well and Preston got to play with his cousins who he doesn't get to see very often. The last time he saw Mason and Ellie was during Thanksgiving at the Turkey Trot. Preston got to do a little swimming in the big pool and then a little more in the blow up pool while also getting to play in the fountain with Mason. Brad and Jessie came too and we all got a little sun burned.

Finally on Sunday morning, actual Mother's Day we went over to Brad and Jessie's for a family brunch with Vicki and Dave. I made sticky buns and french toast and Jessie made breakfast tacos and oven potatoes. It was a really good meal. Jessie is such an amazing cook. Preston got to play outside in Brad and Jessie's big backyard pushing his lawn mower all over the yard. Then when he came inside, he got a big surprise and got to chase the remote control car Brent was playing with all over the house.
We then had to get home so Preston could take a nap while the rest of them went to go see Brad and Jessie's new house they just bought.
Later that evening, Brent treated me and Preston to dinner at Blue Goose and we got to sit outside and enjoy the nice weather. After Preston went to bed, Brent gave me a sweet massage and then we called it a night!!

Preston wondering what in the heck this moving thing was
 It didn't take him long to start chasing it
 Grandma and Preston
Mommy and Preston at Blue Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment