Thursday, August 11, 2011

2nd & 3rd Doctors Visit

2nd Doctors Appointment - June 23, 2011
I had my second doctors appointment on June 23rd and it was my first official "Big" appointment. I wasn't too sure of what all they were going to do although many of my friends who have had babies told me they would ask me a lot of questions and take lots of blood. Thats pretty much what happened. They took me straight back to the lab area and took 6 vials of blood. I couldn't watch as they did this because my stomach gets a little weisz when it comes to looking at blood. I made it though and then they took me into the room where Brent was. The nurse took my blood pressure and weighed me (138 lbs). Then Doctor Grisham came in and ask me a bunch of questions that pretty much had the answer "no" to them which I think is a good thing. He then proceeded to give me my girly exam which was really weird for 3 reasons. 1, I have never had a guy doctor before so it was weird having him give me the exam, 2, Brent was in the room and had no idea what was about to happen and 3, having a guy feel up all on me with Brent in the room. Of course, Doctor Grisham was very professional and he had his girl nurse in the room the whole time. It was just funny watching Brent watch another guy touch my boobs. After all that, he got the heart listening monitor out and tried to listen for a heart beat. At this point I was only 10 weeks so it was a little early to hear the heart beat. I was a little concerned but Doctor Grisham said it was normal to not detect the heart beat at this point. Brent and I were a little sad that we couldn't hear it but it made us even more excited to hear it at our next appointment.

3rd Doctors Appointment - July 3, 2011
Our 3rd doctors appointment was a quick and easy one and a little interesting in the fact that my mom and Jerod came along. They picked Brent up from work because both of our cars were broken at the time so they came along for the ride. I wasn't sure what was in store for this appointment and was a little concerned about having Jerod in the room but luckily all they did was take my blood pressure, weighted me (139 lbs) and then Doctor Grisham came in and listened for the heart beat. Finally we got to hear the heart beat and it was cool that Jerod got to experience that as well. At the end of the appointment, Doctor Grisham said those famous words I was waiting to hear, "I want to see you back in 3 weeks to determine the sex of the baby!!!" I got so excited and could hardly wait for the next 3 weeks to pass!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment