Wednesday, August 24, 2011

4th Doctors Appointment


What an amazing day Aug 18th, 2011 was!!! Words can not even describe the feeling I got walking into Dr. Grisham's office knowing we were about to find out if we are having a little baby boy or little baby girl!! My heart was pounding and I couldn't stop smiling. Our nurse Millicent came and got Brent & I from the waiting room and took us back to get my vitals checked as usual. I had gained 5 lbs since my last doctors visit to weigh in at 144 lbs. Hope that is all baby and not me just getting fat : )

Millicent asked us if we were excited to find out the sex of our baby and I told her we were soo excited and we were wondering if Dr. Grisham could put the results in a sealed envelope because we were going to go to dinner the next night to read the results and to celebrate just the 2 of us. She looked a little puzzled and said that they have never had anyone ask them to do that before. She said most couples either find out in the sono room or wait until they deliver their baby. I went on to tell her we had a big party planned on that Saturday with our family and close friends to reveal to them all at once what we were having. She smiled and said that sounded so sweet and special.

Dr. Grisham is a young and laid back kind of guy and I just knew he was going to have a funny word to say about our baby reveal plans once Millicent told me they have never had anyone ask them to put the results in a sealed envelope before. Low and behold I was right, he walked in and the first thing he said to us was, "So I hear you have big dinner plans tomorrow night!!" Brent and I smiled and gave him the low down on our plans. He was more than happy to accommodate our wishes and even suggested we go to Capital Grill for our little celebration. After mingling for a little bit, he started our sonogram!! It was completely night and day the way the baby looked from our first sonogram. Last time, the baby looked like a little peanut and this time the baby actually looked like a tiny little person with a belly, arms, legs, ears and a tiny little nose. The baby made Dr. Grisham work to get his/her basic measurements as the baby was doing a shoulder stand the whole time inside my belly. Dr. Grisham even shook my belly to try to get the baby to move out of that position but that didn't work to well. Luckily he was able to get the measurements and the baby measured right on target weighing in at 7oz.

The whole time, Dr. Grisham was also trying to get a good view of the goods but the umbilical cord was right between the baby's legs. He wasn't sure if he was going to be able to tell us if we were having a boy or girl but luckily at the very end he moved the sono wand to the far left side of my belly and got a quick look at the goods. Brent and I had no idea what he we were looking at when he said he could see if its a boy or girl but he printed that image and kept it by his side.

It was so nice to see our little bundle of joy again and then we got a surprise when Dr. Grisham said we get to come back in 2 weeks for my level 2 sonogram and get to see our little one again!! Dr. Grisham said he was going to prepare our envelope for our big dinner reveal and snuck out of the office. A few minutes later we met him and Millicent at the check out counter and he handed us our envelope which he had written on the front, "What am I? Boy? Girl? Find out Inside (smiley face)". On the back he had written, "Do Not Open Until 8-19-2011 at Dinner".

Brent and I left the doctors office and when we got home, Brent wanted to open the envelope so bad but we restrained ourselves and waited till the next night. I was kept busy that evening talking to Mindi, Mom, Vicki and Amy telling them all about the appointment and how things went. It meant so much to me that they cared so much and expressed how happy they were for us and couldn't wait till Saturday to find out if we are having a boy or girl!!

Later that evening Brent and I went to an open house at the Willow Bend Daycare Center to see if we liked it enough to take our baby there once I return to work from my maternity leave. This place is in our top 3 based on the fact that they have never had a state violation since they opened their doors 7 years ago. We sat through a 2 hour presentation and then walked around to see where the infant rooms were. It was a very nice place and we will keep it at the top of our list. We have a few more to check out before we decide but at least we got a head start.

No comments:

Post a Comment