Brent got home a little early on Friday because he was so anxious to get to dinner. We both quickly changed clothes and headed straight for Outback (our special moment place). On the way to dinner, I texted my mom, Vicki, Mindi and Christy that we were headed to dinner to tease them a little bit. It was pretty amusing to know they were on such pins and needles to find out the sex of the baby. I got a pretty good giggle. We made it to Outback and ordered the cheese fries with 2 ranches right away as we always do. We then ordered and Brent asked if we were going to open the envelope now or wait till after dinner. Since the cheese fries hadn't arrived yet, I said lets go ahead and do it.
I got my camera out for Brent to video our reaction because I surely didn't want to miss this very special moment. He started the video and I began to open the sealed envelope. I was so very nervous and when I opened the envelope there were 2 pieces of paper in it which puzzled me. I knew Dr. Grisham would be up to something but I wasn't quite sure if he planned any funny business. I opened the envelope that said, "Open me first". I opened the first flap and it read, "You are having a....", I took a deep breath and opened the bottom part that read, "BABY!!" Oh Dr. Grisham thinks he is soo funny. I dug in the envelope and pulled out the second piece of paper that said, "Open me second". I knew there wasn't any funny business in this one as this was the only thing left in the envelope. I took another deep breath and opened the first flap. I was holding the paper where Brent could see it too and he saw the boy symbol and said, "BOY!!" I opened the rest of the envelope and it said "BOY" real big in the middle of the page. I of course proceeded to cry and looked at the sono picture that Dr. Grisham put in there that showed it was a boy. Brent and I both still couldn't tell what we were looking at, so Dr. Grisham will have to show us what he sees on our next doctors visit.

We couldn't tell but Dr. Grisham knew from this sono picture we were having a boy

I wanted to tease my Mom, Vicki, Mindi and Christy a little more, so I texted them, "We know!!!" right after Brent and I opened the envelope. My Mom and Mindi tried to be tricky to see if I would slip and reveal the gender but hahaha their antics didn't work on me!! This was yet another amazing day that neither Brent or I will ever forget. I'm so thrilled to have a little baby boy and I can't wait to start buying him all kinds of cute clothes and boy decorations!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment