The invitations I made (front side)

Back side of invitation

Everyone started to show up right on time at 6:30pm. As they arrived, I had them make their way over to the Boy/Girl canvas I made as a keepsake for the baby. Each guest signed their name under the "Boy" if they thought we are having a boy and signed under "Girl" if they thought it was going to be a girl. I knew a lot of people thought we were going to have a girl but I didn't realize that nearly everyone thought that. It was so funny watching everyone sign under "Girl" when Brent and I knew we were having a boy...hehehe! Everyone grabbed a plate of food and mingled for a couple of hours.
My decorations were gender neutral with yellow and green

GIRL votes
Little PawPaw

Vicki

Grams

Mal

Aunt Tina

Nana


BOY votes
Daddy

Grandpa John


The ladies in purple

The boys having a good time together

No more monkeys climbing in the tree

Sweet baby Tyson

Vicki going for her 3rd glass of sangria

The boys hiding out in the TV room

Party shot

Mal and Grandma Vicki

Mommy and Baby Preston Jack

I had a fun game in mind for the boys and as everyone got done eating, I thought it would be the perfect time to play. I had Brent, my Dad, John, Dave, Bubba and Jerod line up in the living room with their eyes closed and their hands out. I placed a little diaper filled with a melted chocolate candy to each of them and when they opened their eyes, they were quite surprised or at least quite disguised. The object of the game was to guess by smelling and tasting the diaper to see what chocolate candy was in your diaper. All the guys were good sports and all of them ended up guessing the correct chocolate.
John looks pretty grossed out

Good sports

After the game, I asked if everyone was ready to find out if we were having a boy or girl and all I heard was a big "YES" so I gathered everyone in the TV room for the big reveal. I had pondered for a week trying to figure out how we were going to do the big reveal and I changed my mind right at the last minute and good thing I did because it turned out awesome the way we did it. Brent and I video taped our reaction at dinner so when we got home that evening we loaded the video on Brent's computer and played it for everyone on our big TV. That way everyone got to see our reaction to the big news as well.
Everyone gathering into the TV room for the big reveal

Me explaining the video real quick before we watch it

Me revealing on the video that its a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Preston's first present from Mal and Little Paw Paw

This is perfect to track Preston's height as he grows up

It was a fun night and I'm so glad we got to celebrate it with all our family and friends. When Preston Jack gets older and watches the video of the party, he will know he is very much loved!!!!
Final verdict
No comments:
Post a Comment