Friday, September 30, 2011

10 Year High School Reunion - Class of 2001

I can't believe it has been 10 years since I attended North Mesquite High School. In 10 years I have completed my Bachelors Degree, gotten married, bought a home and now pregnant with my first child. Crazy how time flys and how much things change. The festivities started off by going to the Friday night Homecoming football game at Memorial Stadium. It was so weird driving to the stadium and then going inside it. Some things I remembered and some things I had forgotten. Not much has changed which I liked. It was a little rainy that night but that didn't stop us from getting together. Mindi and I left the game at half time to meet up with everyone at a pizza place in the Art District area. By the end of the night, I was able to talk to soo many people I haven't seen in so long. At least in person because now a days Facebook keeps all of us connected.

Memorial Stadium

Watching the game in the rain

Go Stallions!!!

At the after party at the Pizza Place

The 3 Amigos


On Saturday, the committee planned a family picnic in Sunnyvale for everyone to attend with their families but Brent and I skipped that part. We did join everyone that evening for the Banquet. It was held at City Place in downtown Dallas where Brent actually works. They had a buffet line, open bar, had a sideshow of old pictures, showed a video of what the school looks like now, had those who we have lost remembered on the tables, a few people spoke and then it was party time and they cranked up the music. Music we listened to in high school of course. It was a fun time although I was pretty much the only sober one. In high school fashion, Brent and I stopped at Whataburger on the way home!!

My childhood friend Alica Simms

Class of 2001

Everyone showing Preston some love


Mindi saying hi to Preston

Long time no see


It was last call so Mindi took 2


Mindi and Levi having a great time


Time to take B-rent home

No comments:

Post a Comment