Visiting Daycares
Brent and I took off on Friday, Sept 2nd to go visit several daycare centers in Plano and Frisco. It was a little more exhausting than I was expecting but we think we have it narrowed down to 2 places. We are thinking about Primose or Willow Bend Center. We what to visit a Montessori school before we make our final decision.
Quick pic before heading out to visit daycares

Registering at Buy Buy Baby and Target
The morning of Saturday, Sept 3rd my Mom and I met Mindi at Buy Buy Baby at 9:30am to register for all the things our little Preston will need. I couldn't believe it took us 4 hours to get it all done. Mindi was such a trooper and helped me out tremendously. I definitely couldn't have done it with out her. She kept me grounded on the things that were important and helped me look past the things I just didn't need. Good thing I have such an awesome friend!! When we got done at Buy Buy Baby Mindi had to head out to get Logan so my Mom and I grabbed lunch at Chow Thai before tackling registering at Target. I got it all done and got a few gift bags from Buy Buy Baby and Target for registering with them!!
Registering at Buy Buy Baby

Painting the Nursery
Brent tackled a big project this weekend too...painting the nursery all by himself!! After a few discussions about the paint, we decided to go with Rhino of course and I'm so glad I did. I love that color and hopefully Preston will too. Brent did a great job of trimming and then rolling.
Good'ol daddy

Mal checking out the room

Buy buy purple

Hello rhino

Baby Bedding
So picking out the baby bedding was a fun adventure. I had been looking for quite a while for bedding I liked for a girl or boy since at the time we didn't know what we were having. I picked several things out for a girl and found this really cute whale design from Pottery Barn Kids I really liked for a boy. I was almost certain that was going to be the theme but when I got it all home, it didn't look very good with the Rhino paint color on the wall. So I was back to square one and luckily when we returned all the bedding back to Pottery Barn Kids, my eye caught a really cute baby blanket with a mom and baby elephant on it. It was light khaki color and cream and I knew that would go perfect with the wall color. So my mom bought it for me and when we got it home, it went perfectly. Now all I need to do is get the bed skirt and crib bumper made with the fabric we found at a fabric store.
This is the whale bedding I found and liked

This is what I finally decided on

This is the look and feel of the nursery...soft and calming
Baby Furniture
The following weekend, Brent and I went to Lonestar Baby to pick out Preston's furniture. I found 2 cribs I liked but ended up going with the one that matched the furniture in the rest of our house. Hope Preston likes it cause it will be his furniture for a good while!!
Preston's crib that converts to a toddler bed then a full-size bed

Preston's boy dresser

My glider but I got it in a light khaki color not the dark brown color

We are totally making progress and I can't wait till all the furniture gets here and we can really begin to set up the nursery!! I'm super excited!!
No comments:
Post a Comment