Brent and I went in on Thursday, Sept 1st to get a Level 2 Sonogram. I was so excited to get a level 2 because I heard it shows way more detail than the normal sonograms you get in the doctors office plus they gave you a free DVD of the sonogram. I did freak out briefly a few days before the appointment because when I told Mindi and Christy I was getting a level 2 they seemed concerned and wondered why I was getting one of those. They were both under the impression that you really only got a level 2 when the doctor suspected something may be wrong. I got all upset at work and Christy told me I should just call the docotor and find out why he wanted me to get a level 2. After calming myself down from the fear of what they might tell me, I made the call. Luckily I was all freaked out for nothing because there was nothing to worry about. Dr. Grisham had a hard time getting Preston's measurements at our last sono and needed to send me for a level 2 because they had more sophisticated machines to get the proper measurements. I was so relieved to hear that and got super excited once again because I couldn't wait to see our little boy again!!
While I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for Brent to arrive, I get a phone call from Brent. He didn't sound very happy and I asked where he was. He said he got pulled over on 121 and was going to be late. I was annoyed of course but what can you do. He finally arrived and they took us back to the very fancy sono room. The nurse got the DVD going and the doctor came in. She started the sono and there was our little boy again up on the TV screen. I loved every minute of it and he was measuring right on target. At that time he was measuring 9 inches long and 11oz. We even got to see Preston move his arm up and down and open his mouth when the doctor held the wand in place. That was so amazing. The doctor confirmed he was in fact a boy and Brent and I got our first picture with our little boy.
Loved, loved, loved this day!!!
Mommy's first picture with Preston

Daddy's first picture with Preston

Preston waving "Hello"

Preston opening his mouth to say "hi" to mommy and daddy

It's a BOY

We think Preston may be tall, look at those long legs of his

Preston giving us his skull face

Proud daddy looking at the pics on the frig
No comments:
Post a Comment