Brent and I went for our 6th doctors appointment on Thursday, October 13, 2011. This was my last 4 week doctors appointment beginning at our 7th appointment, I will begin going every 2 weeks. That means I am getting much closer to my 3rd trimester and soon little baby Preston will be here. Millicent came out and greeted us with a new hair style. She had cut her hair, cut bangs and died it red. We ended up finding out that her and I have something in common, hair shows. She told us she has had blue hair, green hair, short and long hair. She is way more brave than me when it comes to hair but it was fun talking to her about it. I guess in the mist of talking hair she forgot to give me my sugary drink and sent us to the sono room to wait for Dr. Grisham. Oh I almost forgot, Millicent weighted me and I had gained 6 pounds since our last appointment, I'm now weighting in at 156 lbs. Dr. Grisham came in and told us that he had a couple come in the other day that reminded him of us because they asked him to seal the gender results because they were going to throw a baby reveal party like we did. He said that must be the new thing now.
He then took my belly measurements and got a little concerned because I wasn't measuring much different than 4 weeks ago. So he did a quick sonogram to get Preston's measurements to make sure everything was ok. Luckily he was measuring right on target at 1 lb and 13 oz making him 25 weeks and 3 days!! During the sonogram, Dr. Grisham saw Preston open and close his mouth so he backed the tape up and played and replayed Preston doing that to make it look like Preston was doing it over and over again. It was pretty funny and good'ol Dr. Grisham was showing his funny side again!!
At the end of the appointment, Dr. Grisham asked if I had drank my drink yet and I said no that I hadn't gotten it yet. He didn't look too happy because he knew Millicent must have forgotten to give it to me. So they gave me the drink and since I was off the next day, I came back up to the office an hour after I drank it the next morning to get my blood tested. I haven't heard from them so I'm assuming everything is good and hopefully no gestational diabetes for me.
Preston Jack at 25 weeks and 3 days

Yummy sugary Fruit Punch
No comments:
Post a Comment