Preston's third week at home started off pretty good but by the end of the week things started to change. My mom stayed with me all week as Brent was out of town for work. Luckily I had her with me because I wasn't fully prepared for what was about to come. By the end of the week Preston started to get significantly more fussy. He tended to get fussy right after feeding so we assumed it was either gas or he was having a hard time passing a bowel movement. He wasn't crying for no reason because he appeared to be in pain. His naps also got shorter followed by more fussiness. After crying myself because I couldn't seem to help my son I began to suspect he might have colic. After looking into it, I'm not sure that is what he has. I guess we will keep on trying to comfort him as much as we can. He seems to be calmed by sleeping on daddy, being rocked my mommy, his pacifier, taking a bath and talking a walk outside. To top it all off, Preston has a blocked tear duct and his poor little eye gets crusty and hard for him to open when he wakes up. Doc said to massage it and use warm water to clean it.
Although this has been a tuff week we have had plenty of good times too. He did tummy time for the first time, spent lots of time with Mal and read books with daddy.
Preston with Mal





Preston and Daddy reading a book

Preston's First Tummy Time
No comments:
Post a Comment