Preston had his 4 month doctors appointment on Thursday, May 31st and I was so excited to see how much he had grown since his last appointment. At 4 months Preston weights 13 lbs 6.5 ounces (25%), 25" long (50%) and his head is 16" (10%). He had to get 4 shots and 1 mouth vaccine (Rotavirus, Diphtheria Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Haemophilus Influenzae Type B and Pneumococcal Conjugate). He didn't cry when the first shot went in but by the time the nurse did the second and third shot, poor guy was in a full blown cry/scream. The second the nurse was done, I picked him up and he stopped crying right away. That made me feel so much better.
Dr. Mix wasn't ready to put Preston on rice cereal just yet, she wants him to be eating at least 6oz of milk consistently before starting the rice. I was a little disappointment about that because I think he needs it especially at night because he is now waking up at 3-4am to eat again. But we'll follow doctors orders.
Preston's appointment was first thing in the morning so he went to school right after his appointment. I was a little nervous to not be with him all day because he ended up getting very upset a few hours later after his last appointment and I didn't not want to be there for him if he got upset again this time. When I picked him up from school his teachers said he did great although they noticed a rash developed a few hours before I picked him up but it didn't seem to bother him. Later that night, Preston was not acting his normal self and his crys sounded as if he was in a little bit of pain. So I decided to give him infant Tylenol and they helped him a lot. By the next day, Preston was back to his old self again and the rash seemed to be going away.
Dr. Mix said Preston has very sensitive skin and is more than likely allergic to dairy since his nose got really congressed when he was on Similac and its been clearing up now that he is on Enfamil Nutramigen Lipil Hypoallergenic formula.
His next appointment he will be 6 months old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment