Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!!

Pizza with Grams & Peeps
The Friday evening of Memorial Weekend we went to visit Grams at her rehabilitation center to celebrate her birthday. Vicki, Dave, Brad and Jessie were all there and we chowed down on yummy pizza and cupcakes. Jessie gave Grams a manicure set for her birthday so all us girls ended up painting each others fingernails while the boys sat around the table catching up and playing with Preston. Grams was so happy to have her family with her and was thrilled see got to see her little "Premis".
3 Generations
Grandma & Grandpa
Proud Daddy

Fun in the Sun
I was super excited for Saturday to roll around because we were going to take Preston swimming for the first time at Nana and Grandpa's house. Unfortunately, Nana and Grandpa weren't able to join in the fun because Nana was out of town and Grandpa had to work. They offered to let us use their pool and I'm so glad they did. We invited Jerod, Caden, Mal and PawPaw to join us and the boys had an absolute blast. Even my dad jumped off the driving board and played king of the raft with me!! This was Preston's first time getting into a pool and I was so excited to see his reaction to it. I was a little concerned that the water might be too cold but luckily it felt pretty good. We lathered Preston with sunscreen and put his new bathing suite Nana got him on along with his new sunglasses and hat.We first dipped his feet into the water and then his little legs to see if he thought it was too cold but he didn't react much so we went for it and put him in the float I got him that had a cover. It was a little bit big but we supported his bottom and he did pretty good. He didn't really have a reaction to it all, he just sat in the float and let me take all the pictures my heart desired!! He stayed in about 8-10 minutes then he was done with it. Which was ok with me because I didn't want to keep him out in the sun even though he was covered by the float canopy. It still made me nervous to have him exposed to the sun reflecting off the water. I had a blast splashing around with my nephew but by the end of the day, this momma was pooped.
First time in the pool
This is the life
Can't believe my dad went off the diving board
You totally missed the football
Umm...ok
Water gun fight
Best Buds
Crazy Caden
Too cool for school
Loves all the colors
Getting a little crazy
I think he is digging the water
Playing King of the Raft
I WON!!!
 Playing King of the Raft
 Man, Dad won
 Preston much prefers swinging to swimming

Memorial Cookout at Vicki & Dave's
Our super Memorial weekend continued on Sunday when we went to Vicki & Dave's house for more pool time and a good grub cookout. The food wasn't ready when we got there so I went ahead and got in my bathing suit and got in the pool. I was going to get Preston in with me but the water was way too cold. It was even a little too cold for me. I guess Vicki's pool gets more shade than John & Kathy's pool. So Preston hung out with daddy inside. Brad and Jessie showed up and then it was time to eat. After lunch, we put Preston on the floor and he proudly showed everyone his new rolling over skills. He also began to scoot on his knees. This boy will be crawling before we know it.
Grandma & Grandpa
Rolling over
Get that arm out
Yea!! You did it!!
Soo proud of you Bub!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment